Favorite Hot Weather Drink

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
This weekend we are having record breaking heat. I don't like water drink very little of it. Do love ice. At work I drink Snapple Teas, home blender drinks with lots of ice, juice maybe a little rum or vodka. What are your summer drinks ?

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I tend to drink my herbal iced tea mix (a mixture of peppermint and holy basil with some key lime juice and stevia) during the summer (as it is pretty much the only non water thing my doctor still LETS me drink) same as I do the rest of the year.

Back when I could handle the sugar, I used to drink a lot of limonata

2 bunches mint
juice of 2-3 lemons
water
sugar (modern) or honey (traditional)
crushed ice

blend mint lemon juice and water and sugar/honey

strain (not traditional, but drinking unstrained limonata is rather like trying to drink lawn clippings. If you have a puree like blender, this may be unnecessary )

pour over crushed ice.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Water. Cold water.
I don't drink soda anymore. Iced tea leaves my mouth feeling weird, and doesn't quench my thirst. I love iced coffee, kind of a homemade vanilla latte, but only one per day due to the amount of caffeine.

Last edited:

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Water. Lots of it. :)

I'm with T on this one...lots and lots of ice water. Our well has incredibly good water, for which I thank God every day. During the summer I'll go through more than a gallon a day of water.

We keep two gal. jugs of water in the fridge at all times year round so that we always have cold water for drinking.

Latest posts