Feeding: Broccoli pumpkin, blueberrries and herbs

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
BT will not keep worms or slugs at bay. There are a few different BT's, each one for a specific pest. The one you want is the one for caterpillars.

BT is an organic pesticide that essentially gives caterpillars a belly ache. They stop eating and starve to death. It is a biological pesticide that will not affect you or other organisms. Your frogs and birds are safe.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
BT will not keep worms or slugs at bay. There are a few different BT's, each one for a specific pest. The one you want is the one for caterpillars.

BT is an organic pesticide that essentially gives caterpillars a belly ache. They stop eating and starve to death. It is a biological pesticide that will not affect you or other organisms. Your frogs and birds are safe.
Thanks again. I will try to find this now, i hope for slugs and the bad worms to. I don't want to hurt the helpful insects or worms

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
A number of companies make an organic bait for slugs.

It can have an insecticide part, especially to kill insects on the soil surface. That is also an organic - Spinosad. It's similar to Bt but not the same.

Caterpillars are not listed on the box of slug killer that I have. Both Bt and Spinosad sprays will kill caterpillars but I don't believe that the caterpillars will go for the bait. Or, that the slugs will be killed by these organic insecticides. It's a mineral that is in the bait and works for slugs.

Steve

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
You can always try putting out saucers of beer for the slugs. Supposedly they drink it, fall in and die.