Finally...Some Snow! :)

HomesteaderWife

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Beekissed - Indeed. It was so amazing because I went outside this morning to feed all the animals and stopped for a moment and said to myself...hey! I see this blessing in disguise. The animals don't know what to think of it though- our dogs are confused and the chickens just ignore it.
o_O

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
My dogs have always loved a snow and their playfulness meter goes up as the snow deepens. :gig The youngest dog is belly deep in it right now, making tracks and exploring this new world...this is his first deep snow.

The chickens will come out in this when it's all done and the dogs have broken trail for them. I have White Rocks, which are extremely suited for cold weather climes, so they don't feel the cold and wet like my other breeds. Feathers too thick, lux and tight to the bod. Incredible feather and fat layers, those birds. And they've got the camouflage going on. :D

I'll take pics this morning and post them later...lovely, lovely snow! :weee Times like this I'm glad we stack a huge portion of the wood on the front porch so we won't have to shovel snow to the wood shed.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Pleased that your prayers were answered in such a gentle, beautiful manner. I'm sure there are other Southerners who are not so enamored with their view this morning. Still we take the weather we get and deal with it as best we can.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
We've had rain lately but today was a bluebird day, and it was so nice to get out in the sunshine.
I'm hoping for more snow, what we have is frozen solid and ugly. Plus I'm getting a kicksled February 2 and I'm so excited about using it!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thistle',

Is this for you and Lark?

:) It looks like fun!

Steve

Yes! It can be used without a dog, which is what I'll be doing this year (snow permitting) but next year I hope to have Larka harness trained and she'll be mature enough to pull then.
I actually stumbled across kicksleds while researching drafting harnesses and training articles. I had never heard of them before. They're apparently very common in Nordic countries for getting around town.

And absolutely yes Mary, you can have a ride! The seat can hold up to 300 pounds...

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes! It can be used without a dog, which is what I'll be doing this year (snow permitting) but next year I hope to have Larka harness trained and she'll be mature enough to pull then.
I actually stumbled across kicksleds while researching drafting harnesses and training articles. I had never heard of them before. They're apparently very common in Nordic countries for getting around town.

And absolutely yes Mary, you can have a ride! The seat can hold up to 300 pounds...
Hey Digits want to join me. I think together we are still under the 300 pounds. :D

Mary

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
That looks like a lot of fun...took a gander at it on YT. I've often thought about~if I live where the land was more flat~that I'd like to try bikejooring with Jake...he loves to pull.

Maybe if you get your dog harness trained you can do both sports..equally fun to do.

Latest posts