FINALLY!!! The tomatoes are starting to ripen!

Sarah_Mom2Four

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I've been spending weeks now staring out my window while washing dishes looking at my 100 green tomatoes sitting on the vine praying they will start to ripen. It's been so bad I've been dreaming about eating tomatoes 20 different ways. (Part of this may be that I'm getting very pregnant and always hungry) Well friday we went out and it looked like one of the tomatoes was getting a little yellow! Sunday when we looked a bunch of them were yellow! I'm sooooo excited, I just had to share!

robbobbin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I've heard so many complaining about their tomato's not turning red this year-it's good to finally know all is right in the world again. YAY!

GardenGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I wanted to share in your excitement! We, too, have the first of the tomatoes starting to FINALLY turn orange! (Mouth starting to water!!) :dance

Sarah_Mom2Four

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
ShellieESterling said:
Good Bree, now send them my way :D I want tomatoes soooo bad.
I would totally bring you over a big basket if you were closer! I gone tomato obsessive and we have 14 plants that are all doing well! (the yellow pear is 4' already and we have another one -big boy maybe?- thats near 5') Next year you will have tons though! You can have tomato envy and I'll have chicken envy and next year we'll both be fulfilled!

nccountrygirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Where do y'all live :hu I've been getting tomatoes for over a month and I'm about sick of them, I have frozen so many I had to buy another freezer Sat. so I would have somewhere to put meat. My DH doesn't want any Salsa this yr. so I have been giving them away and to the chickens. I bet I won't plant 22 plants next yr.

Sarah_Mom2Four

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
nccountrygirl said:
Where do y'all live :hu I've been getting tomatoes for over a month and I'm about sick of them, I have frozen so many I had to buy another freezer Sat. so I would have somewhere to put meat. My DH doesn't want any Salsa this yr. so I have been giving them away and to the chickens. I bet I won't plant 22 plants next yr.
I'm in MN in zone 4. I still haven't be able officially pick mine yet but they are ripening now, should be able to pick them tomorrow or thursday. That's awesome you are getting so many! Will your plants keep giving maters until it's gets cold there then?

ShellieESterling

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Sarah_Mom2Four said:
ShellieESterling said:
I would totally bring you over a big basket if you were closer! I gone tomato obsessive and we have 14 plants that are all doing well! (the yellow pear is 4' already and we have another one -big boy maybe?- thats near 5') Next year you will have tons though! You can have tomato envy and I'll have chicken envy and next year we'll both be fulfilled!
Well what the heck?! Move that 75 acres over here and we can swap farm goodies.... PLEASEEEEEEEE :bouquet
I get to pick up the buff orps in the morning, I'm soooo stoked :D

Sarah_Mom2Four

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
ShellieESterling said:
Sarah_Mom2Four said:
ShellieESterling said:
Well what the heck?! Move that 75 acres over here and we can swap farm goodies.... PLEASEEEEEEEE :bouquet
I get to pick up the buff orps in the morning, I'm soooo stoked :D
How about you guys move over here :p I would be all over swapping farm goodies believe you me! I' m so excited to see your new "children" you'd better take lots of pictures, cause my boys LOVE looking at pics of chicks! You are picking up a straight run right?

nccountrygirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
nccountrygirl said:
As long as I keep them fertilized and watered they will keep producing, they are already well over 7 or 8 ft tall.

Latest posts