Fire in my hometown

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i'm surprised with all the snow in the east last winter and all the rain we got this spring & summer that no one thought to ship our excess over to the western part of the world.

we can put it all into little bottles and people pay a fortune for it but we can't seem to figure out a cheap way to send tankers across country to deliver it to where it is needed the most! :he

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh no! I hope the fires are quickly put out and that neither of your properties are harmed. The Texas fires got close to us a few years back, and I, too, know the fear of loss and preparation to evacuate animals.

Fortunately it never came here. But after that I scanned our family photos and organized a vital records box that can be grabbed to go in a moment's notice, figured out how I would pack the vehicles if I had to make a quick escape.

Holding you both in thought and prayers.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
The fire as of this morning is now 30% contained. This number is slowly going up. The fire has now consumed over 71,000 acreas

Mary

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
All is well at my little plot. The fire is moving east of me, and if they can stop it before it gets to Mary's, it will be so good for the entire mountain communities up there.

Did I say already at the Town Hall meeting that its been burning thru areas that have never been burned in recorded history (100 yrs back) and its burning thru prior recent burns. Shows you how dry everything is. That and the hundreds of dead pine trees due to the Bark Beetle.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is supposed to rain more on Wednesday. The fire is now 35% contained so that number is slowly increasing. The town where my cabin is has been taken off the evacuation advisory list. But murhpys'ranch is still on the list. Hopefully by Thursday things will have improved much more.

NuMtGardener, the three main parks Yosemite, Sequoia, and Kings Canyon, are all together. Try to make it to Sequoia to see the General Grant tree which is the second oldest tree in the world. If you are in the S.F. area, I would love to meet you. Let me know.

Mary

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Things better? Here in Michigan a barn fire is a big deal......hope everybody is safe