First Autumn Frost on its way to White Plains!

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We are nearly back to summer weather; supposed to creep back into the upper 80's the next few days, but then rain and low 80's, upper 70's next week. The slant of the sun and the smells outside tell me it is September, whether the temperature does or not.
With all the chores outside that I have neglected due to the heat, (and my inherent laziness) that must be done now, we are having over night guests this weekend, and our house has become the repository for the remains of cleaning out two sets of parent's households. We barely have room to turn around. Ugh.
Probably another season going by without having a clean-out yard sale, too. When will I have time to sit outside on the front porch with my coffee and watch all the poor young people drive by on their way to work?

Oh my...we ended up like that too...only ours will be 3 houses of possessions for repository. Since Feb. :th
I would just get one sorted through, and we had another household to clean out. Then another death. Now we are working on the third one. :hide

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh my...we ended up like that too...only ours will be 3 houses of possessions for repository. Since Feb. :th
I would just get one sorted through, and we had another household to clean out. Then another death. Now we are working on the third one. :hide
So sorry for all of the loss. There are people you can hire who will do that if you cannot face it any more. I would not be able to hire anyone either.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
So sorry for all of the loss. There are people you can hire who will do that if you cannot face it any more. I would not be able to hire anyone either.

Thank you. We handled them ourselves. The first one, DH's friend, we emptied his trailer out.
The second one, DH's father....it is on going. We have to empty the garage and a few other buildings. His om is still living there. She is not quite ready to see her husbands things leave yet, so we are just removing DH's stored tools etc for now.
The 3rd, was another friend. DH offered to round up a few people to help him empty his own dec'd parents home so he could sell it. We were able to clean out 3 loads before he died unexpectedly, just 3 weeks after DH's father passed.
So, it has basically ended up as us only doing this.
The first one, the trailer, was a rental. We had to clean it out before the next month. Thankfully, the owner took the mans dog.