First time making Jam! 5 pics.

theOEGBman

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Well today my grandma came over with a whole mess of Apricots, and we made Jam! I've never done anything like this before, so it was a fun experience. The plums are getting ripe too, so she said we'll have to make some Plum Jelly. Anyways, I took some pics. It sure was fun! We made 11.5 jars, so I think we did pretty good.

373.jpg

(Before adding sugar, so its pretty nasty looking,lol.)

375.jpg

376.jpg

378.jpg

The final product!

379.jpg

Some got a whole lot more fruit in them than others, but from what I tasted on the spoon, it is great!

nccountrygirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
That looks so good. I put up 7 pints of White Grape jell and 6 pints of Cocord Grape Jelly today. I quess we were in the jelly making mood today. :rainbow-sun

coopy

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
OOOooo looks so good. I am jealous. I love apricots.

adeledamate

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Oh, man. That's my favorite kind of jam. My mom would win awards at the fair for hers. I really do need to get over my fear of canning alone. Thanks so much for posting your pics. Very inspiring.

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That's wonderful!

It's a great, and important skill to have, and truthfully, much easier to do if you learn at the elbow of an expert, as you did. :)

That looks delicious! :)

Nubsmum

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Great Job!! Thanks for adding the pics. Apricot is my all time fav. Too bad they are about 1 dollar a lb around here. I may try to find a u-pick place.

Canning is so rewarding. :rainbow-sun