First World Problems

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Everyone knows what Third World Problems are: poor drinking water, lack of transportation, dictators hoarding all the donated grain and selling it for a profit, etc. I certainly am not making light of these huge issues, but I thought it would be fun, and an acknowledgement of how blessed we are, to make a tongue-in-cheek list of our own peculiar First World Problems, "problems" that could only occur in our land of plenty. Here's a few to get started. Please add your own if you can think of any. Some of these are from my own head; some are from someone else's:

1: I have to move my body forward slightly to reach the AC control in my new Lexus.

2: My fridge is so full I can't find anything to eat.

3: My new MacBook Pro runs so cool it doesn't keep my legs warm in the winter.

4: I was just diagnosed with a corn allergy and I live in the United States.

5: My two cats are sleeping on me in a cute position, but my phone is too far away for me to take a picture.

6: I went ice skating but didn't know what size skates to get because all my shoes are tailor made.

7: I want a cup of coffee but the Keurig is out of water.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Heh, i've seen some good ones on Pinterest. I recently had a 1st World problem - too many vehicles, not enough driveway!! Ridiculous, hubby and i had accumulated 4 vehicles and our camper. We were trying to sell one, and while speaking on the phone with a prospective buyer, she sympathized with our plight "oh yeah, i know that...feels like you're always rearranging cars to get to the one you want!" Geez!

Here's one we've all experienced: waaaah, i have too many fresh fruits/vegetables from my garden, and not enough room/time to preserve them! :lol:

Oh! You really got me on a roll now! "waaah! The smallest turkey i could find for thanksgiving was 21 pounds! I'm going to have too many leftovers!"

Oh here's another one i thought the other day while driving to work "man this sucks! My brand new studded tires that i can actually afford for my newish car are too loud!"

Hah. Thanks for a good laugh at myself, and a reality check on thankfulness!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yeah, really. I was just thinking about that the other day. How blessed we are. Even our garbage disposals eat better than people in most countries. :/ (My chickens and my compost pile eat better, in my particular case.)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Talk Radio,

Cable Teevee,

and the Internet

have piled so many urban myths in with my 3rd world superstitions that I'm afraid to come out from under my chair!

Steve
:hide

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not to worry ... :rolleyes: Ever since the Peace Corps volunteers have been returning from the Third World squalor for the last 50 years, they have been preaching the NEW farming methods that they learned about overseas to us. That is now known as " all natural" and "organic ". Soon we will shed our excesses of mechanical GPS farm equipment, pesticides, herbicides, plant grafting , artificial insemination, truck distribution system, grocery stores, etc. and join those Third World folks with every family member working the land with even more illegal aliens working side by side with hand tools in the fields from sunrise to sunset hand to mouth existence that these volunteers went to help. Does that help with a glimpse of our future somewhat ? :idunno

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
bobm said:
Not to worry ... :rolleyes: Ever since the Peace Corps volunteers have been returning from the Third World squalor for the last 50 years, they have been preaching the NEW farming methods that they learned about overseas to us. That is now known as " all natural" and "organic ". Soon we will shed our excesses of mechanical GPS farm equipment, pesticides, herbicides, plant grafting , artificial insemination, truck distribution system, grocery stores, etc. and join those Third World folks with every family member working the land with even more illegal aliens working side by side with hand tools in the fields from sunrise to sunset hand to mouth existence that these volunteers went to help. Does that help with a glimpse of our future somewhat ? :idunno
And all that fancy new exercise equipment in the basement will just sit and collect dust. (Like it isn't now :D)

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
bobm said:
Meanwhile, 3rd world nations buy our equipment, technology, etc. then have more to eat, more time to enjoy life and start sending advisors here to tell us how to produce more on less.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is cold and raining outside and the central heat is too hot. Ha! DH was first to get up and he turned it down!

My new tennis shoes aren't broken in yet.

My dishwasher is too loud.

I got 2 new pairs of blue jeans and have to squeeze them into the closet.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Umm

umm

(give me a minute I'm tryna think)

ummmm (ouch)

I had to be without a car and practically live on hot dogs and beans and coffee for almost 5 months saving to get a new one, new to me 2002 Subaru.

ummm, I only live up 13 miles of hard dirt road while many in 3rd world countries have never seen a paved road in their lives.

I'm grateful for the woodstove.

am i doing this right? it seems different

Latest posts