First World Problems

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cane', can you send me cookies too?

So Lucky -- how about if we help you upload an avatar???

I'm not happy with a big "?" and plan on lobbying poor Nifty to replace that with something different. Are ya with me on that??

Lo Lucky - fuzzy dice? Bunny Rabbit with 4 feet?

What ya got in your picture folders?!

Steve
I tried to just put in a pic of some lantana that I had in my picture folder, and I couldn't even get it to show up. I know it is something I am not doing, or seeing.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wonder if the size is wrong, So Lucky.

It says 200 pixels x 200 pixels or smaller for the avatar, I believe.

That's small. If you look at this Wikipedia Lantana image (link), you'll see that every single choice is TOO big! The one you are looking at is "Size of this preview: 799 x 599 pixels." The smallest that you can click is: 320 x 240. My guess is that the avatar maker would fail with that one, too.

You could open your lantana picture in Paint and then "resize" to 200 x 200. Or, something close to that but smaller.

Steve

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wonder if the size is wrong, So Lucky.

It says 200 pixels x 200 pixels or smaller for the avatar, I believe.

That's small. If you look at this Wikipedia Lantana image (link), you'll see that every single choice is TOO big! The one you are looking at is "Size of this preview: 799 x 599 pixels." The smallest that you can click is: 320 x 240. My guess is that the avatar maker would fail with that one, too.

You could open your lantana picture in Paint and then "resize" to 200 x 200. Or, something close to that but smaller.

Steve
AAARRRGGGHHH!
I have been trying to get something up there for an avatar for an hour. There just seems to be a point at which things don't work. There is no "save" button in my pictures folder to save it once it is resized, no way to send it to the avatar thing. Once I actually got the box with the big question mark to show up on the picture folder, with a photo that was resized but I couldn't get it to accept the picture, or "go to" or download, or whatever. I'm taking a break, gotta go to a nursing home Christmas party, but will try again tonite. If all else fails, I'll get one of my sons to help. (walks away with head hung down)

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
So Lucky, I want you to know that I believe in you. I believe in you. I believe in you.

I have not tried posting a photo yet. My avatar came with the new program (thank goodness) or I fear we would be twins right now. Hold your head high, but watch where you are stepping! Love ya!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
So Lucky, I want you to know that I believe in you. I believe in you. I believe in you.

I have not tried posting a photo yet. My avatar came with the new program (thank goodness) or I fear we would be twins right now. Hold your head high, but watch where you are stepping! Love ya!
(clicking heels together) "There's no place like home...there's no place like home......"
Thanks, Red!

Latest posts