Five Clematis in the mail

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
My packing slip has the blur at the bottom and on the right side. Otherwise, I'd not have known what varieties I bought without going back to my records. The runny ink blurs prices and their contact info.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I called The Hosta Farm help line, got recording they where busy leave message. I also emailed their help email address and added photos lets see what happens

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Humm...perhaps I'll keep looking for a source.... :confused:

Don't you have any nearby nurseries Cane? Then you can get a bigger one and see it before you buy it. Those little guys take about 2 or 3 years before they come into their own. I'd go for a one gallon pot size to get more bang for my buck.

I did buy two bare root clems this spring. They're coming up in the pots I planted them in. I'm taking @aftermidnight 's advice and letting them grow on in their pots this year.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
There are a couple that are not TOO far away. It seems that they cater to the 'cookie cutter' landscaping where there will be a VAST area of mums in the fall, replaced by a HUGE display of pansies, replaced again by a display of 1000's of 6-pacs of 10 different bedding plants & hanging baskets while somewhere along the edge there will be a row of a dozen identical choices of some shrubs, vines, trees, etc.
That sounds like I'm REALLY whining and I'm not. It's just a long drive to find that my choices are 15 1-gal pots of the same variety. But on-line, I can see pictures and descriptions of dozens of different varieties. If I'm just looking to find something to fill the pots on the porch with, its a great trip. But if I'm looking for something specific, it's often either a wasted morning ..... or... I feel like I need to buy something since I've come all this way and I end up with more in the 'ghetto'. LOL

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I guess I'm fortunate in the number of nurseries and their wide selections that I can choose from. Even the feed/outfitter/hardware store I go to has a huge selection of plants that they get in every spring. Trees to annuals! It makes buying a bag of chicken feed very tough...
Yesterday I was drooling over their clems that they strategically put in my way on the way in to the store. But I was very good, I looked at them all, admired them, kept my hands in my pockets and was able to walk away! Yay me.

Latest posts