Fixing VS Replacing

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
:yuckyuck Mom's washer broke. Dad fixed it. Mom hid a few pieces to get a new machine. My dad always knew when there were missing parts. When Mom got her new washer it was because she threw a few extra parts into the pile. That did it!:love
I like how your Mom thinks! ;)

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
How do you decide whether to fix or replace? I have a lawn tractor from 70s I picked up cheap. It is used to pull a garden cart. My nephew couldn't get it started this week. I like vintage machines, but am at a lost what to do. CL has used tractors for a few hundred dollars, about same amount I am guessing to fix old tractor. The older I get, the more I like vintage.
could be simple as a safety switch not making contact, clogged fuel filter, could be the coil cheap things to replace what kind of engine does it have?

have you checked if you have gas in the tank??????:)

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
could be simple as a safety switch not making contact, clogged fuel filter, could be the coil cheap things to replace what kind of engine does it have?

have you checked if you have gas in the tank??????:)
Those are simple things but when you don't know how and have to pay to have done $$$ add up quick.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Gee! I can't believe I know people who have a city house and a country house! It is all I want to do to try to keep one house clean, one yard kept, and one set of utility bills under control. I think we live in different worlds.

Not that there is anything wrong with one way or the other. It is just that here in flyover country life seems much simpler.

Latest posts