for Marshall, & others

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Chickie, I'm pretty sure most of my Neanderthal genes come from my mother's side, and that around one of the later interglacials, 44,000 or so years ago, likely around the far north coast of Africa, a western Neanderthal girl had a child by a Modern man. (My brother has the curliest hair you've ever seen on an otherwise european person). I just feel that is how it happened.

Luther Burbank did have a good friend in Santa Rosa, a man he said had a Neanderthal head. That man was the grandfather of my business math teacher. The photo on that article is not quite correct in one aspect.

If you place the tip of your thumb on the point of your upper canine tooth, and then with your index finger, place the tip of it at the bottom of the orbital socket of your eye, you'll get a measured distance of 2.25 inches or so. That's your face. When the same measurement is made on a Neanderthal face, it is well over 4 inches, just about twice the face. Neanderthal teeth are nearly identical. (More single roots compared to modern teeth with more double roots).

I have the modern face dimension, but I have Neanderthal feet, and only a few of my teeth have double roots. The article does bring something up. I am overwhelmed by names of people. Always have been. That part of the social thing. As though I am descended from a race that did not do the massive breeding and populating modern humans do. No need to know thousands of names back then. Twelve or so in the group of Neanderthals, and that was most of all the folks they'd need to know.

I really think it was multiple things that made the Neanderthal people and culture disappear. Neanderthals likely did not have the same propensity to breed that modern humans do. Newcomer modern humans actively outcompeted for hunting, very likely kidnapped neanderthal girls, and killed most neanderthals on sight, using greater numbers and weaponry designed just for it, with the intention to do so.

From around 200,000 years ago until 30,000 years ago there were 3 distinct kinds of Neanderthal. The Western Europens, the Central Europeans, and the Middle Easterns. (There were a few others elsewhere anthropologists are still sorting out, such as a possible East Asian form, and the possibility in Southern Africa of a hybrid group with hyperneanderthal heads and modern bodies. (Rhodesian man).

Western Neanderthals include the human with the largest brain ever. Seems to be the same individual who invented not the grave, but the family plot. During interglacial periods they seemed to be taller, every bit as tall as any european of today.

Central European Neanderthals are the classic Neanderthal. Short, stout. Theirs was the glacier life, but some lived in Italy where it was cold but not glaciated.

Middle Eastern Neanderthals had some traits of modern humans. Bones were not as heavy as other Neanderthals. More of the roots of their teeth were double.
A thing about the mid east neanderthals is...Side by side, 10 miles from each other, they lived near anatomically modern humans. The modern humans they lived near made similar tools. Here is the amazing thing: They lived that near each other from around 110,000 years to 40,000 years or so ago. There a few if any signs of any war there during that time.

What I think is important is there is nobody around to speak up for the neanderthal culture, way of life, ways of being and thinking. Each type of Neanderthal was surely different in ways.

What we have in common with Neanderthal is a further removed common ancestor. We are both forms of Homo Erectus.

Say the word GREAT enough times before saying GRANDMOTHER, and you are looking at the same woman who was any Neanderthal person's GREAT to another number of times GRANDMOTHER. She was a Homo Erectus, and she lived somewhere in Africa.

:)

Latest posts