For those who love Fuchsias

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@PennyJo , possibly you have one of the hardy varieties, did it have a variety name when you bought it? Even some of the more tender varieties can be planted in the ground if you plant the root ball below your frost line. The place in Oregon where I bought a lot of mine 'Monnier's Country Gardens' planted some of the more tender bush and upright varieties in the ground and they came back every year getting bigger and bigger. If you google Monnier's Country Gardens and hit images you will see rows of their fuchsias that came back every year. To bad they closed their doors as this is one fuchsia nursery I could personally recommend. I think Fry Road nursery got a lot of Monnier's fuchsias but I don't know if they're still in business, I found this that might be of interest...

If anyone else knows of a good place to buy fuchsia on line please feel free to list them here.
Annette

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@aftermidnight Very interesting my Mom always had her fuchsias outside planted
and when toziers said they where annuals I took it home was living in a rv park so
didn't put it in the ground right then but after we bought this place I did

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
In our flower shops you will not find a lot of varieties. Only the pot, the simplest fuchsia. But we have a lot of gardeners - enthusiasts. People go for European nurseries, preparation of documents for import and bring. Then these varieties multiply and spread rapidly. So we have a lot of collectors of different plants, including fuchsias. Therefore it is not difficult to buy different varieties. Sometimes we organize a collective order. It is always cheaper. Of Thailand bring Adenium and Plumer, succulents. From Europe fuchsias, pelargoniums and other flowers. From the United States, I saw daylilies. And we distribute in the country. You can mail, but the country is very large, it is a risk. Often we give plants with train conductors. So I sent Terry kampanula for the home. They are too delicate for the mail.
We are all wondering passes. Is Moscow forum. He has a "Bulletin Board" Every week there put plants that will bring in the sale. You just have to choose and negotiate. Every Wednesday evening, all meet at a certain place. Potted fruit, citrus, ferns, exotic, simple and terry abutilon, various cacti, forest and desert ... So many things that can turn a normal adequate human in flower maniac.

a little bit of my fuchsias at different times.
IMG_1172.JPG IMG_1203.JPG IMG_1205.JPG IMG_6777.JPG IMG_6831.JPG IMG_6897.JPG IMG_8553.JPG IMG_9152.JPG

Latest posts