For Your Summer Rambling

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I remember little old lady green!

Remembering that and your avatar makes me think of me asking my neighbor yesterday if she remember the time before Starlings showed up. She is younger than I am but she did. I thought she would, it was about 1959 in southern Oregon and I figured it would be a couple years later up here. (We were talking about how to keep the pests outta the peach tree which overhangs her yard. I told her I was hoping the local hawks would take out the "Eastern" Grey Squirrels but they seem most interested in Starlings.)

DD says we should paint the wood paneling in the kitchen, etc.!! I have always liked stained wood on walls, inside and out! It seemed new, back then ...

:) Steve

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those tiny homes are quite pricey as I see it in the PNW. Also, on the noon news last Thursday, they reported that the local Portland, Ore. Police Chief was not too happy with them as there is now a huge increase in drug usage and prostitution going on in them. :eek:
OMG

Camp West

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Kitchen - has all refinished wood panelling & cabinets, working 110 & 12 volt electric, city water and a 12 v water pump from the onboard water storage tank we added. New 3 way fridge. I still need to detail the stove - take every single piece apart, clean, replace & test the propane.

View attachment 11902

The vintage curtains I cut apart & re-sewed to fit...since I've never done any sewing this was a learning experience! I also managed to sew all new cushion covers for the 3 sided dinette...it has taken me forever but I'm almost done!
View attachment 11900

This is a bad pic, but the bedroom is completely redone, and ready for us to build the bed. We need to get new flooring in as well.

View attachment 11901
I am stalking you, NwMtGardener - I am purchasing this same trailer and you are the one single similar trailer I have been able to find anywhere on the internet. I don't want to hijack this thread, but I would love if you would contact me.... I saw your pictures when it was brought home, you have done beautiful restoration!

Camp West

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I used to have so many perennials that I only had to weed and water each year, and my yard looked like the botanic gardens. Then I began traveling and came home broken-hearted when the neighborhood kid I paid never showed up to water in 90 degree weather. Now I am all about ornamental grasses and ferns, but I do indulge myself in container gardens, especially hanging. I have been lurking around this site all winter, you guys are inspiring!

Camp West

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Thank you!, and I am sorry my first post wasn't until I saw the travel trailer. You all make me wish I had acreage, it would be the best of both worlds ... I could camp in my gardens! But here's a gardening comment ... has anyone noticed this last decade or so, that their zone may be changing? Seems like some of my plants that were once annuals survive the winter and come back as perennial. I live at the base of Pikes Peak - as a child I rarely saw the peak bare of snow, as an adult the mountains only have snow in the winter...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Camp West, Hi!

Our afternoon high tomorrow may break a record set in 1889!

@NwMtGardener has a new home, a fairly new job and enjoys camping, traveling, birdwatching, and considers leisure time activities as a basic human right!

I may be overstating that last part ;). Anyway, there in NWMontana, she will be joining us on the forum anytime she can tear herself away from serious commitments:

smilieinhamock.gif

In the meantime, tell us about the difficult gardening weather one has to deal with in the Rocky Mountains!

Steve

Latest posts