For Your Summer Rambling

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I thought right away of @NwMtGardener :

Homegrown Trailer

With no falling leaves, no Thanksgiving - February ... what a tedious bookend for winter. I don't know what influences me most in February, the desire to get away or the desire for Spring :). Good thing March came a week early.

Steve
Check out the Teardrop Alternative, also :).

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve, have you seen the t.v. show Tiny House Hunting or Tiny Nation? They feature cute tiny homes that you can pull. They are anywhere from under 500 ft. Everything feature is multi-function and they are so efficient on space. Apparently, it is a growing trend that allows people who other wise may not be able to afford it, to buy a house.

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, to seeing a tiny house show but it has been a few years. Might not have had many episodes here.

They seem expensive, Mary. I wonder what one gains beyond purchasing a nice travel trailer.

Building your own trailer (or, most anything ;)) makes sense to me. There is a guy who must be a custodian at a school I often drive by. (I say "guy" but, of course, I don't know ... ) There is a pickup in the parking lot very early and even in summer months. It has a homemade camper. It's covered with corrugated metal and looks just fine. Functional but Fine :)

Steve

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those tiny homes are quite pricey as I see it in the PNW. Also, on the noon news last Thursday, they reported that the local Portland, Ore. Police Chief was not too happy with them as there is now a huge increase in drug usage and prostitution going on in them. :eek:

Latest posts