For Your Summer Rambling

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thistle, I didn't understand it either. The larger tiny homes of around 500ft are usually not on wheels. I enjoy looking at the tiny home shows. Some of them are really nice. The ones with the sleeping loft are definitely for younger people. I've told my husband I would like to live in one if it had the bedroom in the back and if it was on land.

Mary

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh those are cute! We're still working away on our vintage trailer remodel. We've gotten lots accomplished this winter - I modified vintage curtains, sewed new seat covers, hubby upgraded all the plumbing & propane. Tons of little things are making it come together. I think it will still be a few more months until its ready to roll, though. Spring is coming early here so soon we'll be able to get back to working on the outside of it, yay! I'll see if I can find some pics of the work we've done inside this winter.

As a trailer afficionado, I can't really figure out the "tiny house" thing. We've watched a ton of the shows, and I just keep thinking to myself "why do they not just buy a travel trailer??? New, vintage, whatever!" They're basically just way more expensive versions of a custom travel trailer. Anyway! :)

Other exciting news in my life (since I haven't posted in a while) we're getting a puppy! Lucy dog doesn't know yet...but she will have to share us with a cocker spaniel/poodle cross. We're really excited - we pick her up in three weeks. I'll post some pics when we get her home :)

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's good to see you Heather. I've been wondering where you'd been. Hope to see more posts from you.

I agree with you on the concepts of tiny houses. I also keep saying They are just trailers that have been around for years. Although I do confess they look more like homes to me.

Mary

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Kitchen - has all refinished wood panelling & cabinets, working 110 & 12 volt electric, city water and a 12 v water pump from the onboard water storage tank we added. New 3 way fridge. I still need to detail the stove - take every single piece apart, clean, replace & test the propane.

image.jpeg

The vintage curtains I cut apart & re-sewed to fit...since I've never done any sewing this was a learning experience! I also managed to sew all new cushion covers for the 3 sided dinette...it has taken me forever but I'm almost done!
image.jpeg

This is a bad pic, but the bedroom is completely redone, and ready for us to build the bed. We need to get new flooring in as well.

image.jpeg

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Very nice i hope to get my truck back one year. Great choice in dogs cockapos are one of my favorite dogs. My last litter was a cavapoo cavalier bred to poodle.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Beautifully done @NwMtGardener . You guys have really put a lot of labor into restoring your trailer! You'll get so much enjoyment in using it now. The wood is so pretty.

I bet Lucy will be happy to have a bud, after the initial jealousy wears off.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
The kitchen looks very efficient and I like how the bedroom is situated. How many square feet is it? I can't tell what kind of print is on the curtains.

Mary

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
image.jpeg

Here's a close up of the curtain pattern, @ninnymary . Its vaguely holiday-ish, sort of like christmas tree ornaments but abstract, with floral patterns too. but I absolutely love it and the green color matches the fiberboard used in the kitchen. My husband calls that 1950's green "little old lady" green lol!

The trailer is 24' long (big, to us - we upgraded from our 12 footer!) and about 7' wide so less than 200 square feet.

Latest posts