Fresh Orange Juice

Sprinkler Buddy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have been enjoying fresh orange juice from my naval orange tree for the last 2 months. I'm out now.:( The store bought stuff just doesn't taste that good after having it fresh. I also have a juicer tree, but it's not ready yet, one more good cold spell should do it. It's not as good as the naval tree but still better than store bought.

It amazes me, I don't do a thing to them except a little pruning to make them easier to get under with the mower and they produce year after year. :p When I bought this place seven years ago, I had no idea how lucky I was to get these orange trees. Wife & kids love them too.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am so *green with envy* ... FRESH juice everyday :drool A good orange can sometimes be hard to find in IA.

Sprinkler Buddy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I wish I could share it with you. It is delicious! Can you ship citrus do you know? Maybe next year. :)

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sprinkler Buddy said:
I wish I could share it with you. It is delicious! Can you ship citrus do you know? Maybe next year. :)
Not sure about that. Don't know why not as you can order fruit boxes to be delivered at Christmas. I had a cousin that had orange and lemon trees in CA. Her boys where just enough older than mine, when she'd send us hand-me-downs there would be lemons and/or oranges tucked in the clothes. :love Oh how I miss that.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yes, i have family in florida who bought various citrus in 5 gallon buckets last week before a freeze - they were having freezing temps in FL and we had record highs in Montana! They've been loving the fresh fruit so much they thought they better stock up!! I was very jealous!

Sprinkler Buddy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
While we have great citrus here in FL, I'm very jealous of the Big Bing Sweet Cherries they have in the North. Once in awhile, we will get some from the store that are really good but most of the time they aren't so good tasting even when they look like they are. Love those big sweet blueberries too!:p

I would love to visit an Orchard one day and eat my fill fresh off the trees. :D Here after the watermelon harvest, we go in the fields and eat the hearts of melons left in the field. SOOO GOOOD! Peanuts is another big crop in my neck of the woods.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Actually Sprinkler, you hit on the one thing we grow AMAZINGLY here where I live in Montana - Flathead cherries! And we get lots of other types of local cherries (3 state area - including idaho and washington). And we have amazing big sweet FREE huckleberries all over the mountains! The best. Thanks for reminding me!!

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
if you really like the BIG blueberries you need to try the wild Maine blueberries. they are much smaller than the big ones that most stores sell, but the sugar content in them makes them very sweet! wild blueberries grow on small/short bushes. the ones in most stores are considered cultivated and grow on huge shrubs.

Sprinkler Buddy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
If we are allowed to ship fruit, we need to do some swapping. :thumbsup

All you can fit in one of those flat rate shipping boxes at the USPS. Sorry, we ate all are really good oranges this year, you'll have to wait for next years. Wish I had found this forum sooner. :)

Thinking about those cherries makes my mouth water.:drool

Latest posts