Fried green tomatoes~how do you make em~

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Hi`Hasn't happened yet~I'll have her do them as you've described ~when we do```When it's just the girls and myself they usually give in and make what I ask for even if it's more work that something they plan~rather than "Daddy we already began making this or that.

I asked: " Are you girls gona feed me or let me starve?" ~ What do you think that Bagel and Cream Cheese you ate was? ~ I hate it when someone answers my question with a question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!even if they make me something special after that!!!!~

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Fried Green Tomatoes are a Southern thing......:drool

Bay, when my oldest was first in school they had them fill out the little worksheet listing their favorite things to do, favorite food, favorite color, etc. As I was walking along the hallway where they posted these little bios on the children, I was reading the normal kid responses of favorite foods~pizza, ice cream, spaghetti, etc.

Then I came to Joel's little worksheet..... and his favorite food? Fried Green Tomatoes!

That's become a funny family tale to tell about the little boy who preferred fried green tomatoes over pizza and ice cream. :D I'm betting most of those kids didn't even know what that food item was.

sandra

Garden lurker
Reaction score
MY MOM'S FROM THE SOUTH AND SHE WOULD MAKE FRIED GREEN TOMATOES.SHE WOULD,SLICE UP GREEN TOMATOES.THEN SALT THEM .THEN SHE WOULD USE A LITTLE FLOUR,ITALIAN BREAD CRUMBS MIX,THEN DREDGE THEM.SHE WOULD USE OIL TO FRY THEM IN AND YES MAKE SURE YOUR OILS HOT. 2MINUTES PER SIDE,JUST UNTIL GOLDEN BROWN.DRAIN ON PAPER TOWEL.ENJOY

Latest posts