Friend Being Blackmailed What Advice Would You Give

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Is it okay for someone to give money to an extortionist?

How about if a lawyer pays so that there isn't some kind of Sh*tStorm?

Asking for a friend.

digitS'

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like Cane's idea, send PMs to all his friends with the photo shopped his head on some naked body. Sounds good to me.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
True! Mark Twain: If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

Unless, he wants to take up a career in lying about lies told to cover lies that were told to lie about some lie ...

Still, criminals hardly deserve honest treatment. Maybe police would be interested in a sting operation. Ha!

Steve

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Warning adult topic, Don't read if it makes you uncomfortable. I have a friend he is 29 years old lives pay check to pay check, has deep depression and is very shy with woman. His last girlfriend was a couple of years ago. I am not sure of the right terms for computer. He went on a dating app met a so called woman. She talked him into going to another app. They where flirting back and fourth. She manged to talk him in to sending naked photos. When he sent several naked photos that showed his face everything changed. While flirting the person went into his facebook account and made a copy of all his facebbook friends. Now they are demanding $200 or they send photos to every facebook friend he has. I told him don't send money a blackmailer would keep milking him for more money. The blackmailer is claiming if he gets the money will delete photos live on camera. I would not believe anything someone who is trying to blackmail says. To me nudity means nothing, I would be more worried about looking fat. He is very shy and is terrified of photos getting out. He even mentioned suicide over this. All night the person as been sending emails not to dare him about making photos public. I told friend not to worry, its not like he is famous when the BM realizes he not getting money he move on to next victim. What advice would you give if this was your family or friend ? I once had someone online try and blackmail me, they threaten to tell my family and clients I was gay. I told them they where beating a dead horse.
A man who is so fragile should go to the police especially when he is talking suicide. For 200 they are small time exploiters and would likely be caught vert fast. The FBI would probably get involved because it is blackmail. It may be small time but they probably are scamming a lot of poor souls. I am sure at a young age I would be worried about the nudity-now who could care? In fact when they were doing the ice bucket challenge I was going to put my head on a young voluptuous women's body and post it. My husband talked me out of it.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Contacting the police is absolutely the best way to go. It is extortion and blackmail and they have people who can track the ISP of the person sending the email. Don't be surprised it they are out of the country and untouchable by our police forces though.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Unless he emailed to a minor. Your friend needs to grow up-he isn’t a kid. He could go to jail-as a pediphile.

Tell them to send away, take his punishment.

Latest posts