Friend Being Blackmailed What Advice Would You Give

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
No need to send PMs. He could just post a statement with "his version" of what happened on Facebook. If he gets the first jab in, the blackmailer wouldn't have any reason to proceed.
That is what I was thinking. Take the embarrassment up front. Then be done. It will pass. Go to police if it is not dealt with some one else will get the same treatment from the same source. Try to put a stop to it.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
We sometimes forget, for whatever reason some people are very fragile, due to a number of reasons. The road back to self esteem can be a long and difficult one for some and they need all the support we can give them.
You hit the nail on the head. He has problems one a very deep depression. very low self esteem.I sometimes forget it. I ashamed when he told me my first reply was I hope I am on your facebook list not thinking it was such a big deal.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Mention of suicide always brings back the memory of a very young boy committing suicide here, he was only 11 or 12. The cause, bullying by the kids at the school he was going to, yes an elementary school. They found him early one morning, he had hung himself from the swing set in the school yard.

When someone mentions suicide it's a red flag, a cry for help. This young fellow lived with his grandparents due to unfortunate circumstances, they were absolutely devastated when told what he had done. Some you can help by just letting them know you are there for them, some need professional help.

Alex I really hope your friend survives this, but he has to work at building up his self esteem. Like when someone is ragging on you think of what they would look like naked with a daffodil stuck up their patooty.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I hope your friend is o.k. and the Police were able to assist him.

This happened to a good friend of mine, except he and BM were video chatting and BM recorded the chat, then threatened him. After a bit of panic and consulting another friend, he replied to the BM and basically told her (PG version): he's proud of how he looks in the buff, is not scared of her showing all his FB friends and family the video and can she get herself back on the video so they can finish what they started. She backed off, didn't go through with the threat. It was a gamble, but it paid off for him, thank goodness.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Last tx I heard was last night no way is he going to police, but he did stop reposding to the black mailer. We are having dinner tomorrow night

w_r_ranch

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The thing is as long as these sleezies get away with this kind of thing it's going to keep happening. He's going to keep paying through the nose until he can pay no more... and then they will post the pictures anyway.

This may sound harsh, but here we call the solution SSS (shoot, shovel & shut-up). Problem solved.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Too bad he agrees with the liberals on appeasement. He can live with his problem that HE created. You DON'T pull on Superman's cape,
You don't spit into the wind
You don't pull the mask off that old lone ranger,
and you don't send nude pictures of yourself electronically. We older folks understand this.
If he sends them money they will milk him for a LONG time.
Oh well...a fool and his money are soon parted.

Latest posts