Frost Panic attack...update photo post 10

mothergoose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I am hoping to just tough it out. Most of what is in the greenhouse has been through some pretty cold nights. I had to break down and go to the doctor today, I have had severe back pain since the middle of last week and it has "frost panic-plants in & out" written all over it. Iam currently on heavy pain killers and muscle relaxers...I am having trouble keeping my eyes open right now!!
I hope they do ok, I can't do much of anything right now.

Thanks for the warning though,
Christie :fl

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We didn't have one last night but they were calling for one tonight. Luckily I had already put most of my stuff away because I was getting ready for tonight but at 4:22 this morning a frost warning was issued. Luckily I was up because my son need stuff typed for school and that is just when I am able to do it. So I am outside at 4:30 am in my nightgown covering plants with a table cloth. Kolhrabi and lettuce was on it's own. I haven't gone outside yet. :fl

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I really wish this post would disappear!!! Will spring ever get here? I've got snow flurries predicted again for the next two days, and then 78 degrees on Sunday! It's a wonder anything grows!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
mothergoose said:
I am hoping to just tough it out. Most of what is in the greenhouse has been through some pretty cold nights. I had to break down and go to the doctor today, I have had severe back pain since the middle of last week and it has "frost panic-plants in & out" written all over it. Iam currently on heavy pain killers and muscle relaxers...I am having trouble keeping my eyes open right now!!
I hope they do ok, I can't do much of anything right now.

Thanks for the warning though,
Christie :fl
I'm sorry you are having health problems, Christie :hugs. Some of us may have been "enablers" - cheering from the sidelines. I'm right there with you, however, moving flats and in pain.

What a man needs in gardening is a cast-iron back, with a hinge in it. ~ Charles Dudley Warner, "My Summer in a Garden," 1871.

I'm dancing with plants, hardening them off, morning and afternoon. There was frost the day before yesterday but yesterday some of the flats went out into the garden (snapdragons & calendulas), for transplanting. This morning, a nice warm rain has moved in. It is 55 in both the plastic tunnel and in the greenhouse and 50 outdoors!! This is the 1st morning in 7 weeks that the furnace isn't on out there.

Snapdragons & calendulas can take a frost and so can the lettuce and bok choy that went out last week. I am keeping my fingers crossed (& some back muscles :() that nothing severe happens after this rainstorm blows away.

Steve

mothergoose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thank you ducks4you.
Most of the plants did fine. I have some cucumbers that had to come in. My husband is bringing some of the plants in for me tonight.

I sure hate not being able to do anything...I want to play in the dirt!!

christie:(

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Argh!!! :barnie Another frost advisory for us tonight. I was hoping we were finally done! We had a freeze warning last night. It's getting very tiresome, trying to harden off my flats and having to drag them IN and OUT and IN and OUT every day. This has been such a cold spring (to go along with our cold "real" winter.) I guess global warming (or whatever) has really made me spoiled! LOL :rolleyes: My last frost date is May 1st, but now I'm beginning to wonder!

lupinfarm

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
We had snow yesterday! But very little and it was super wet. Its been so windy and we've had no rain at all here really, my pastures are all dry and dusty :/ I put a polytunnel over my tomatoes which are planted out right now, it got so hot in there today that they started looking wilty!! I had to pull it off and let them tough out the wind!

LOL I can't win!