Fruit Trees Can You Spray To Early ?

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Forsythia.JPG

I just took this photo in Arkansas. I have two full sized forsythia, one in full sun like this one and one in afternoon shade that hasn't bloomed yet.

Three years ago I bent a forsythia branch to the ground an put about an inch of dirt over it, then held it down with a paver. In dry spells I watered it. Two years later (last year) I dug it out and planted it. It developed a nice set of roots under that paver. It looks like it may have made it through the winter.

You can see some grass turning green too.

It's way too early for this. I have no idea how his will eventually turn out, I can just pretend I know what I'm doing and keep doing.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well I sprayed my peach and nectarine trees in November and then again just before the buds swell and started showing. The peach tree has the same amount of peach leaf curl as the year before when I didn't spray it. The nectarine is also about the same. That tree though doesn't get it as bad as the peach tree.

A Master Gardener friend came over to look at them. She said she never sprays hers. Get's peach leaf curl every year but some years it's worse than others. She picks some leaves off as do I. Said it didn't hurt the fruit or it's production. Only a problem if all the leaves fell off which has never happened.

I'm thinking of not spraying them anymore. Not worth the effort if I see no results.

Mary

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary good to know I always feel guilty when I don't spray. I know it might be very different depending where we are. I have a problem with Cedar apple rust.