Fruits and Vegetables

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
we don't really like pie crusts.
Pie Crust is just another form of Cookie!

Don't feel obliged to eat any burnt crust edges.

You have to have someone who knows how to make them so that they are not tough. I've read that a gentle touch in making and rolling out the dough is key. I've also read about vodka as an ingredient. Don't know about that but I choose not to have hard liquor around the house so guess that I will never know what I might be able to do with it as an ingredient.

Cookies Crackers Crusts - protect my sanity so that I'm not Crazy!

Steve
not Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Pie Crust is just another form of Cookie!

Don't feel obliged to eat any burnt crust edges.

You have to have someone who knows how to make them so that they are not tough. I've read that a gentle touch in making and rolling out the dough is key. I've also read about vodka as an ingredient. Don't know about that but I choose not to have hard liquor around the house so guess that I will never know what I might be able to do with it as an ingredient.

Cookies Crackers Crusts - protect my sanity so that I'm not Crazy!

Steve
not Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs

i don't waste food, so if given a piece of pie i will eat all of it. i think i like the burned or darker parts of the crust more than the soggy parts. anyways, i can do without it.

i do like cookies. i don't consider pie crust like a cookie at all. Mom hasn't been baking as much lately as she's been working on her quilts so we haven't had any in the fridge or freezer. she had to make a few hundred for a guy to take to hunting camp and that was the last batch she made. long gone. most she gave away. i'm trying to keep a few lbs off so when she asked me if i wanted any i said only a few. we had a lot of snacks in the cupboards we were eating. more healthy things like chocolate covered raisins and almonds, peanuts and cashews.

the next round of cookies i make may be macaroons with added things like a few chocolate chips, walnuts and butterscotch chips. those turned out really good the last time i made them and i'm hungry for coconut in something. :)

is coconut a fruit or a vegetable? :)

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I don't LIKE to waste food, BUT, I also don't like to wear my dessert.
I am an avid pie maker and I try to make it for a group so that some people can have just a taste.
No matter HOW healthy the pie, like pumpkin, there is still a sugar high when you eat a slice.
Lost 10 pounds so far this year...

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't LIKE to waste food, BUT, I also don't like to wear my dessert.
I am an avid pie maker and I try to make it for a group so that some people can have just a taste.
No matter HOW healthy the pie, like pumpkin, there is still a sugar high when you eat a slice.
Lost 10 pounds so far this year...

i feel so much better this year, i'm down 13 or so i think. dunno if i can manage any more now that the weather is turning. what i will lose now is muscle mass and if i'm smart (i'm not) i'll get some more exercise some other way to keep more of it. walking uses completely different muscles than what i do when i'm gardening. the only way in the winter i don't put on weight is if i'm really careful with how much i eat. it's quite a change as i can go from eating 4000-5000 calories a day to 800-1200. we haven't had enough snow to shovel for years and i do need to walk more but when it gets cruddy outside i just don't wanna go any more. i used to look forwards to it.

i'd like to get back into Tai Chi and do some more basic callisthenics like i used to do. hmm... it would be a good habit to get into.