Garden Dreams

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score

bobbi-j

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@bobbi-j , did your mom tend to cook veggies to death before they arrived at the table?

I may have learned to like pea soup as a result ... ;)

Shell peas in fried rice - the very last minute. Mmm

Steve

Steve, that was exactly the case with broccoli and cauliflower (I prefer them raw to cooked, too). The peas we had were... canned.:sick

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
this will be our first year trying to grow peas so either we will eat fresh or freeze them, for laughs might try drying some for soups.
can not stand eating canned peas...

bobbi-j

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
this will be our first year trying to grow peas so either we will eat fresh or freeze them, for laughs might try drying some for soups.
can not stand eating canned peas...

Major, I froze some last year. They turned out pretty good.

frontiergirl53

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
@ninnymary If you write a business letter saying how much you like their stuff and have a product suggestion you will get seeds. When I did it the corn was one of them! :)

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today I called a fella advertising free horse manure and he even will load it in the truck! Says he has a pile about 10 ft tall.... :th

There's a fella closer to me that offered some very old horse manure to me last fall and I'm betting he still has it. His is still in the barn and should be dry, whereas this other fella's is from all winter's droppings and is sitting out in the rain.

Either way, I think I'm going to have as much horse manure for the garden and orchard that I will need. :weee Hope to also build me a compost bin of old pallets so I can store some of this free black gold for later projects.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
As much as I covet manure for the garden, I don't like to get it unless they can load it for me. It's a little too much to have to shovel it twice, both on and off. :th

DH has been looking at getting this truck bed unloader thing. Looks like it should do the job. He says he'll get me all the manure I want if there's an easier way to get it out of the truck! He got his bonus check from work today. I am half tempted to go ahead and order it and just surprise him... :p

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've seen those and always thought they would be worth the investment if a person did a lot of hauling, which I always have. I used to have boys to help me load and unload things but now it's hard to get them out to the house for anything, let alone for work.

For now it's fork and shovel, take my time and get it done as well I can.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
As much as I covet manure for the garden, I don't like to get it unless they can load it for me. It's a little too much to have to shovel it twice, both on and off. :th

DH has been looking at getting this truck bed unloader thing. Looks like it should do the job. He says he'll get me all the manure I want if there's an easier way to get it out of the truck! He got his bonus check from work today. I am half tempted to go ahead and order it and just surprise him... :p
For that price it's worth a try. I thought it would be much more.

Mary

Latest posts