Garden Fashion, hats and all ....

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Straw hats are the best! My favorite was an old lifeguard hat that finally disintegrated. Now I have one of those canvas UV blocker hats, and I appreciate it when the sun is drilling a hole in my head, but it has no ventilation, and gets removed the instant I work in the shade.

That's a good picture NYboy!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
NyBoy,

Wear it in Good Health.

HatTipCartoon.jpg

Steve

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Guys, I got the garden hat to end all garden hats today at Good Will. :th I don't normally like wearing hats at all and I don't even look good in them~I have a big ol' head. But this one? It fit me. Not only that but it's HUGE....this thing is like a lady sombrero garden hat and will shade even my shoulders.

It's straw with little straw flowers on it and a lace chin strap, I kid you not. :gig It was $.99, so I couldn't go home without it and it's actually comfortable, airy and doesn't make me want to scream and tear it off...we'll see if it still feels that way when the sweat is pouring down my face.

Soon as I can I'll get a pic of my ol' Ma in it. Got her a straw hat as well for the same price, except hers is a tad more decorative and it folds down into a bit of nothing. It's quite genius, whoever designed it, and she looks adorable in it. The grandbaby picked that one out and she looks adorable in it as well.

Today was just a hat kind of day, I guess. Not many of those come round in my life....read, NONE...so this was kind of funny. Even if I never wear that huge and wonderful hat, it looks great on the wall, so I guess I'll be keeping it. :)

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I used to wear hats. They looked good on my tall, statuesque (thin) form. I think I quit the day I got my beautiful (and precious at the price) felt hat back from the cleaners. I'd asked when I brought it in if they could clean and block it. They said they could.

When I picked it up -- a limp, floppy mess -- they told me they didn't do blocking. "Pay for the cleaning or leave the hat". I paid, hoping that someday I'd find a place to get it properly blocked. Didn't wear hats much after that. It was my favorite and every time I had to wear a different hat it brought angry, sad feelings.

Still have that hat somewhere. It's going to outlast Spouse in my house.

Latest posts