Garden gloves, do you or don't you?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
gardentoad said:
digitS' said:
Those are what I wear, Thistle'!

I've got blue & grey - I wonder if they have extra large in any other colors ;).

You can wash 'em . . ?

Steve
Yes those are the ones, I like the brighter colors so that I can find them, I get mine from harbor freight on sale about a dollar per pair..
They do wash up pretty well..I have issues with my hands and they really help with grip

Don. :watering
Really?? The Atlas brand? For a buck a pair? Wowee, I'll have to start checking out HF's sales, as many as I go through it would be worth going over the border and stocking up.... thanks for the tip!

gardentoad

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
thistlebloom said:
gardentoad said:
digitS' said:
Those are what I wear, Thistle'!

I've got blue & grey - I wonder if they have extra large in any other colors ;).

You can wash 'em . . ?

Steve
Yes those are the ones, I like the brighter colors so that I can find them, I get mine from harbor freight on sale about a dollar per pair..
They do wash up pretty well..I have issues with my hands and they really help with grip

Don. :watering
Really?? The Atlas brand? For a buck a pair? Wowee, I'll have to start checking out HF's sales, as many as I go through it would be worth going over the border and stocking up.... thanks for the tip!
Your welcome, anything to help save some money

If you go online and sign up for their email papers they always have lots of coupons, and you can view the current ads, I too have to cross the line, so I only go when they have something that I really can use.

Don :watering

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The "nitrile" I was talking about are the blue "medical exam gloves" at Walgreens. I guess that the Atlas gloves may have the same plastic but I don't know that. Certainly, much thicker and more durable.

The nitrile exam gloves don't really hold up any better than the latex but when they say "one size fits all" - they really mean it. DW and I can wear he same gloves and there is great difference in the size of our hands. This is NOT true with latex and I will sometimes break a large size latex just trying to put it on for the first time.

The green plastic gloves you can get in the hardware store bin in the paint section are better for re-use when I'm spraying but I can work my hands right out of the gloves with their "one size fits all" size.

For weeding, I suppose the latex exam glove is best for me but they are trash in about 30 minutes to an hour, even with tiny weeds :/.

Steve

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

dragonlaurel

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
My Mom fell in love with hers so she got me a pair. They say " Atlas Fits " on the back. They are better than the others I tried. My fingernails still get a little dirt under them, but 1/2 the time that's before I remember to put them on.
I don't like wearing leather gloves but the rubber/cloth combo feels fine.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
O.K. I wore them to weed!!!! I never got out yesterday (sidetracked again!) They fit o.k. in the palm and finger width. I must have stubby fingers tho.... since even with my longer nails I still have some empty room at the tips. :( They were good for pulling the bigger tough weeds and spraying the weed control in driveway but not so good for the finer weeds between flowers. It may just take getting used to, or I will go with out for the small stuff. :p

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
lesa said:
When my gloves get really dirty- like if the soil is mud...I just wash my hands with the gloves on- and let them dry. Works pretty good.
After I wore them to spray for weeds in the drive I washed them this way. It worked great. They are hanging out to dry now! :D

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My dearest brother got me a really nice pair for Christmas but I only wear them to clean the chicken coop. I just have greenish hands all summer. The gloves are really nice though.

Latest posts