Garden gloves, do you or don't you?

Mattemma

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I will use them if I can find them.I like the ones with the rubber on the palm too.The cloth ones are ok when I am breaking up soil by hand.

Liana

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I definitely use gloves when doing any digging, planting, or weeding. Harvesting, not so much. I also prefer the cloth/rubber ones. They're nicely grippy and they breathe.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i usually forget that i have gloves kicking around here somewhere when i want to do any weeding and planting. i have my dh's mechanic's gloves that i use when i have to do yard work that could cause blisters.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Don't wear gloves. Like the feel of earth and the feel of planting & harvesting.

skeeter9

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well, I have some nice gloves that my husband bought me. The local nursery employees wear them and swear by them. As far as gloves go, they are really nice - super lightweight with rubber and fit almost like a second skin, but I rarely wear them. My hands look horrible most of the time, but I don't care because I love the feel of the earth and the plants on my skin. I will never understand people who are afraid to get dirty, but then I'm sure they will never understand us dirt worshippers, either! :plbb :thumbsup :plbb