Garden humor thread..

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Almost every book I read had horses in it somewhere. Walter Farley was my favorite author for a reason.

I lived in the city so I knew a horse wasn't in the cards. I did get lots of riding time though so my dream wasn't shattered completely and lots of time spend on Aunt or Uncle's farms. Enough to know I wanted out of the city as an adult.

I did have a horse once we had this land. Another way DH spoiled me. Now I see a horse as a lot of work and something to fall off and get hurt. I'm okay watching the other here play with their equine babies.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a neighbor who retired about 5 or 10 years ago. She grew up in the house and returns often to visit her son there. She stays in the guest house on the back of the lot, when she visits.

The guest house was once the home for her pony. I can't hardly imagine! It's an older building but seems sound ... maybe the floor has been replaced!

This is a neighborhood with mostly homes on lots but there are quite a few "lots" that are about an acre or so. I haven't asked her but imagine that her pony was pastured, nearby. I was a little startled to learn that she now sleeps where once her pony slept.

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a neighbor who retired about 5 or 10 years ago. She grew up in the house and returns often to visit her son there. She stays in the guest house on the back of the lot, when she visits.

The guest house was once the home for her pony. I can't hardly imagine! It's an older building but seems sound ... maybe the floor has been replaced!

This is a neighborhood with mostly homes on lots but there are quite a few "lots" that are about an acre or so. I haven't asked her but imagine that her pony was pastured, nearby. I was a little startled to learn that she now sleeps where once her pony slept.

Steve

I could do that.... never in a former chicken coop, dog run, or dairy stall though.:sick
Must be my horse crazy gene.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ahhh yes....
Walter Farley, Jim Kjelgaard, Marguerite Henry and the art of Wesley Dennis.....
00inlove1600x1200.jpg

Latest posts