Garden humor thread..

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
While my BFFs grew up on the farm West of here, their children were not allowed to into the house except for special occasions. (Children are noisy; children are messy; etc) The rest of the time they stayed in a remodeled chicken coop out back. No bathroom, wood stove for heat, etc.

When BFF1 moved back to the family farm, one of the first things she did -- with great enjoyment -- was to burn down that "guest" house.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
The parents stayed in there as well. It was 'remodeled' with paneling, stove, windows, etc. Probably a better building than most of the world calls home. Just don't look to closely as mice made their homes when the BFFs and families were at their own homes.

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
1012529_10152219455701041_1892881939_n.jpg

Reminds me of the old anecdotes about one of the Roman emperors. Apparently the emperor was afflicted with a very garrulous barber who irritated him with constant small talk and prattle. One day, the Emperor came in to have his hair cut. The Barber as usual began small talk as he prepped his equipment. Finally It was time to get down to business. The barber asked "And how would you Majesty like his hair cut today?"

The emperor replied "In silence."

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Where was this when I was pretending to quit coffee, @journey11 ?

Last month, I must have had more coffee in the house than anytime in my life!

Knowing that my son would want coffee at Christmas, and would expect his dad to make fresh ground, I bought a 2 1/2# bag. He brought 2#. Then my daughter gave me 1# of the best decaf I've ever had! A local roast sold from a small coffee shop, we need to do detective work to learn what it is!

I still had a little of the instant Kava that I have especially enjoyed with hot soymilk (even tho I used a little to make pumpkin latte cookies)!

I drink tea for breakfast and have coffee, midmorning and later. DS also brought me 6oz of Tikuanyin, knowing something of my trend in 2015. I've figured out why that tea is called the "goddess of mercy." It holds you absolutely blameless if you steep it too long or use too big a pinch! This is somewhat true with all oolongs and a reason for that name as well. Yes - "Oh no! That's (t)oo long! Oh well :)."

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a neighbor who retired about 5 or 10 years ago. She grew up in the house and returns often to visit her son there. She stays in the guest house on the back of the lot, when she visits.

The guest house was once the home for her pony. I can't hardly imagine! It's an older building but seems sound ... maybe the floor has been replaced!

This is a neighborhood with mostly homes on lots but there are quite a few "lots" that are about an acre or so. I haven't asked her but imagine that her pony was pastured, nearby. I was a little startled to learn that she now sleeps where once her pony slept.

Steve
With some remodels people are doing turning barns into homes, it could be pretty nice!

Mary

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Where was this when I was pretending to quit coffee, @journey11 ?

Last month, I must have had more coffee in the house than anytime in my life!

Knowing that my son would want coffee at Christmas, and would expect his dad to make fresh ground, I bought a 2 1/2# bag. He brought 2#. Then my daughter gave me 1# of the best decaf I've ever had! A local roast sold from a small coffee shop, we need to do detective work to learn what it is!

I still had a little of the instant Kava that I have especially enjoyed with hot soymilk (even tho I used a little to make pumpkin latte cookies)!

I drink tea for breakfast and have coffee, midmorning and later. DS also brought me 6oz of Tikuanyin, knowing something of my trend in 2015. I've figured out why that tea is called the "goddess of mercy." It holds you absolutely blameless if you steep it too long or use too big a pinch! This is somewhat true with all oolongs and a reason for that name as well. Yes - "Oh no! That's (t)oo long! Oh well :)."

Steve

Good one (technically "oolong" means "black dragon")

Fair warning though, while they are forgiving of extra seepage, some of them will show you no pity if you make the water too hot. There is a reason why tea preparation is classified as a form of kung fu; it takes just as much training and concentration to master as any martial art.

And you think Tikwanyin is nice to you, just imagine the day you find it's cousing Tie Lo Han (Iron Warrior Monk). That stuff will stand and protect you with its full Shaolin might.

Latest posts