Garden humor thread..

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'd think "branch water" would come straight from the spring that forms the branch, not further downstream. There is an "if" involved, but "if" the water coming out of a spring has filtered through the ground long enough it's usually extremely safe to drink. I've known people, including relatives, that depended on a spring for their water. They always went to the spring to get it, never straight from the branch or stream.

The water can pick up certain flavors as it passes through those rocks. That can add to its character. But I'd guess the term branch water (more properly spring water) was to differentiate from well or cistern water. Back in the day a well was probably hand dug so it wasn't all that deep. The water that seeped into it would come from the water table that isn't all that far down in a lot of places so it may not have filtered as much as water from a drilled well. And water from a cistern was rain water and could be pretty flat-tasting. No character.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Water pistol......................

When my three-year-old son opened the birthday gift from his grandmother, he discovered a water pistol.
He squealed with delight and headed for the nearest sink.

I was not so pleased. I turned to Mom and said, ''I'm surprised at you.
Don't you remember how we used to drive you crazy with water guns?''

Mom smiled and replied, ''Yes dear - I remember very wel

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
7047642.jpg

sign on private garden entry

Latest posts