Garden humor thread..

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Have you tried these seeds yet @majorcatfish ?
planting beer.png

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
My best friend and I went on a 'nursery tour' this weekend and visited several of the larger ones in the area.
One specializes in herbs and unusual garden tools. We were waiting in line to pay for our purchases when I saw something I wanted to check out real quick and stepped out of line.
When I got back I said "Sorry, I got distracted by the hoes".
She almost pee-ed on herself....

google hoes... you'd think they'd know by now i was looking for the one kind and not the other. nope.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@flowerbug , dense sowing is a good idea but if you donut move them later, you'll be left with holes.

I can remember a time when you actually had to go hunting for squirrels around here, people kept them shot down. Now you can tell nobody eats them anymore, little varmints are everywhere.

This was the case with California quail here on the border. I did not see quail on the Idaho side of the border for, I bet, the first 25 years that I lived here. As soon as you crossed the border, there were quail. I mean that in good weather, quail would be along the roadway within a mile or two. Some days, they would be right at the border.

I came to realize that the quail were shot in Idaho. About 25 years ago, I saw my first quail in Idaho. They are fairly plentiful now.

BTW, the squirrels in western cities are Eastern Gray Squirrels. They were deliberately released here and are not natives. True also with the Fox Squirrels.

Steve
Smart car owner, harumph ... kidding!

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Alex, you have little imagination. You should always use your imagination to see how someone else might feel about an issue. :hide

When I lived in the New Orleans area previously a friend trapped squirrels out of his back yard and took them across Lake Pontchartrain to a friend's place in the woods. Then that fall they would go squirrel hunting. They usually did pretty well.

Latest posts