Garden humor thread..

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ridge here in the city squirrels are a dime a dozen. They love to make their homes in attics where they chew both wood and wires. They are also covered in fleas and ticks. So people with out pets can have a flea problem in their home. I just threw out a generator I had stored in shed because of rodent damage which I am sure where squirrels. They are basically a tree rat here.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I totally agree with you on that. Squirrels caused hundreds of dollars of damage to my home when I was in suburbia. I took over 50 out of my back yard in one month. They did not return. My comment was not about how I feel about squirrels it was meant to be a joke (that's why the :hide ) on you not being able to imagine letting them go. Under the right circumstances (where they can be legally released and hunted) it can be a satisfying option.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I was leading trails in that riding stable a hundred years ago, it never ceased to amaze me how people would squeal "OHHH! Look! A squirrel!" as we rode through the woods. Deer would bolt out of the brush and cross the trail right in front of us and they'd say sounding a little bored ".. was that a deer?" But the squirrels would steal the show. I was somewhere around 16 or 17 and I always wondered "Where in the world do these people live that squirrels are so exciting to them?"

Eat my weight in Rabbits and squirrels when I was young, we didn't have a lot of deer around here back then. Now I'd still eat um in dumplings today if somebody else brought them to me, but Really not worth wasting time on, just go deer hunting, they'll show up, they always do, creeping up behind you like a deer, getting you all nervous, little turds Lol.

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
This all reminds me of a line of bottled barbecue sauces that were around a few years ago. Don't remember the name, but I do remember that part of the label of each one was a list of three meats that sauce was supposed to be good on, the first two common, the third exotic (for example the Memphis style one was supposed to be good on beef, pork.....or coon. The Peri-Peri was beef, chicken or eland.)