Garden humor thread..

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can relate to your pain Ridge. We had a buyer like that too. I don't know if she was bipolar, but she definitely had some issues. We moved before escrow closed, then dh had to go back down and live in an empty house when she backed out. Fortunately it was only for 6 weeks when it sold again for real.

I hope your buyer sticks to the deal.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks, Thistle. It's still two weeks until closing if we make it. She wanted to come by to look at a couple of specific things and talk to us so we agreed. Little did we know. We showed her a few things she didn't realize were here, like an extra acre she did not realize was included. Her husband will like the barn on that piece. Or that there is a tornado shelter off to the side. She was really pleased with those and came back with a request we drop the purchase price by $7,000. We rejected that of course.

We are on pins and needles waiting for the other shoe to drop. I understand it is a medical condition and she can't help herself that much, but it would almost be a relief if they would cancel and we could put it back on the market. I think you can see how Carol Dee's joke hit home.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carol Dee, this one hit home, the one about the straight jacket. One of the people we are under contract to sell our home to is bipolar, one crisis after another. At least I think we are still under contract this morning.

But not hot pink. Maybe a fluorescent orange, more masculine. If I have a heart attack I want them to be able to find the body.
@Ridgerunner Ugh, sorry about the house sale. Hope things smooth out and it is all good. Hang in there.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Kind of struggling with weight lose (going wrong direction.) :( So these are mighty true!
need to lose 15#.jpg
skinny genes.jpg

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Right now all is good. I did get a giggle out of your post so thanks for that. A sense of humor can help you maintain perspective.

Speaking of which, I just got back from the grocery store. I noticed that Matador jerky's "original" has a "new recipe".

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is why I get upset with realtors. Offer made, offer accepted, Ernest $$ applied. If buyer backs out, let them lose that money. No more negotiations. If it’s NOT a done deal, keep showing the house and first green capital buys it. I wait on no one. Probably why I will sell my own house. I’ve dealt with 6 different realtors and been screwed 4 out of 6. No more!

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks, Thistle. It's still two weeks until closing if we make it. She wanted to come by to look at a couple of specific things and talk to us so we agreed. Little did we know. We showed her a few things she didn't realize were here, like an extra acre she did not realize was included. Her husband will like the barn on that piece. Or that there is a tornado shelter off to the side. She was really pleased with those and came back with a request we drop the purchase price by $7,000. We rejected that of course.

We are on pins and needles waiting for the other shoe to drop. I understand it is a medical condition and she can't help herself that much, but it would almost be a relief if they would cancel and we could put it back on the market. I think you can see how Carol Dee's joke hit home.
Wait she found out she is getting a extra acre and she asked you to drop price by $7,000 what balls

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
But not hot pink. Maybe a fluorescent orange, more masculine. If I have a heart attack I want them to be able to find the body.

Obviously you need a Life Alert with GPS hanging around your neck. Our neighbor has one, literally, so they can find him.

I will cross my fingers and toes, toss salt over my shoulder, turn around 3 times standing outside on a tree stump tonight at 11:01 PM, howl at the moon, hop on one foot 7 times, and wear my purple T-shirt for good luck, that the closing on your house proceeds with no more drama and closes as scheduled. :)