Garden humor thread..

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
It seems there is a plethora of television commercials these days promoting interactive fitness gadgets such as ''Mirror,'' ''Peloton,'' etc. The consumer plunks down a hefty sum of money to purchase the equipment, then shells out a monthly fee to pay for streaming interactive training sessions.

Back in 1971, I enrolled in an exclusive fitness program. Instead of paying for equipment or sessions, the organization paid me to participate. They took care of all travel expenses to the training location, provided deluxe living accommodations, three gourmet meals a day and very highly skilled fitness instructor/trainer/motivators who pushed me and my fellow trainees to our limits every single day, rain or shine, for two very intense months. Upon completion of the course, I was in the best physical shape of my life.

It is a proven formula that really works and has been in existence for years. It is still turning out incredibly physically fit men and women to this day. The name of the program? ''Military Basic Training.''

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
It seems there is a plethora of television commercials these days promoting interactive fitness gadgets such as ''Mirror,'' ''Peloton,'' etc. The consumer plunks down a hefty sum of money to purchase the equipment, then shells out a monthly fee to pay for streaming interactive training sessions.

Back in 1971, I enrolled in an exclusive fitness program. Instead of paying for equipment or sessions, the organization paid me to participate. They took care of all travel expenses to the training location, provided deluxe living accommodations, three gourmet meals a day and very highly skilled fitness instructor/trainer/motivators who pushed me and my fellow trainees to our limits every single day, rain or shine, for two very intense months. Upon completion of the course, I was in the best physical shape of my life.

It is a proven formula that really works and has been in existence for years. It is still turning out incredibly physically fit men and women to this day. The name of the program? ''Military Basic Training.''

enrolled or drafted? ;)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
It does look a little like fuschia. haha

Mary

does this look a little like fuschia?

DSC_20200618_075507-0400_476_Bloom_Thyme_thm.jpg

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
enrolled or drafted? ;)

You do understand that this is a Humor thread? The stories told here are not necessarily taken from our own real life experiences. Often they are stories we consider amusing taken from other sources. Such is the case here. I read this in a column in our local newspaper this morning and thought it would be fun to share.

You are correct in that the draft was still going on in 1971, the year in which that story was set. The draft did not end for a few more years.

When I went into the military the draft was still going on but I'm not sure if I was drafted or enrolled. Technically I volunteered for the draft for my own reasons.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
You do understand that this is a Humor thread? The stories told here are not necessarily taken from our own real life experiences. Often they are stories we consider amusing taken from other sources. Such is the case here. I read this in a column in our local newspaper this morning and thought it would be fun to share.

You are correct in that the draft was still going on in 1971, the year in which that story was set. The draft did not end for a few more years.

When I went into the military the draft was still going on but I'm not sure if I was drafted or enrolled. Technically I volunteered for the draft for my own reasons.

it may be a humor thread, but hijinks may occur anywhere in TEG... :) :) :)

i cannot imagine anyone volunteering at that time... glad you made it through...

Latest posts