Garden humor thread..

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Pulsegleaner , your response reminded me of how my mother would say, "Coffee never keeps me up at night. Why, I could lie down right beside the pot and fall asleep!" :)

I wish I could have the energy expressed by that bird ..!

DW and I were out for a walk in the neighborhood this afternoon when a whole bevy of elementary school kids pulsated out of school onto the sidewalk in front of us. As they passed, I was thinking that same thing, "I wish ..."

Getting home, I switched on the coffee. DW says, "You're gonna have coffee this late and if I join you and can't sleep, it'll be your fault!"

As if. I use 2/3rds DeCaf, she takes 5 ounces and dilutes it to nuthin' caffeinated in a mug ... It was 3:30pm.

Steve
looking like the flipside of that bird at 8 ...

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
seen on Craigslist.:

Posted: a day ago
◀ prev▲ next ▶
Need a Chainsaw? - $1 (Richmond)
00F0F_haDqoaFnu7x_600x450.jpg

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
If it won't cut pine, it probably isn't worth a dollar. Usually Stihl is a good brand though. I wonder why he was cutting so vertically? My DH makes a cut at an angle to stop the tree from kicking back, but that looks straight up and down!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
You think so, @thistlebloom?

At the first house we built there was some land for sale north of us. Like ours, it was wooded, but there was a gully running through the land and we wondered where a house might be built.

Anyway, someone bought the 1.? acres and started clearing it. We heard a chainsaw going one morning. The next day the man came back with a new chainsaw. He said he needed it to get the first chainsaw out of the tree. After a third chain saw, we never saw the man again.

Eventually we sold the house and our buyer bought the land on both sides of his. He didn't want neighbors so close.

DH and I always joked that when the man went back for his third chainsaw -- complaining that the first two didn't work well -- the salesman started up the machine to demonstrate how to properly use it. The frightened buyer jumped, shouting "What's that noise?"

And, of course, Thistlebloom is correct. Fake foto!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I thought it was photo-shopped, too, but you can see what might be sawdust on the tree trunk. But there should be sawdust on the chain, too. Hmmm

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I always have an ax handy so I can cut the chain saw out if I need to.

I think it is funny but is probably a set-up instead of the saw just getting stuck. Why is that cut that high? When I'm clearing trees I normally cut pretty low. And I notch it so I can control which way it falls, not cutting straight across. That just looks staged to me.