Garden humor thread..

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score

the fog of age is that you don't look and you don't care. :)

for me that is morning. i get better as the day gets going. i think i begin to care about bed time.

all humor aside. i'm a horizontal organiser aka clutter and layers are good with me. i keep track of where things are by memory. so don't move anything in my room or face the wrath. my normal mental routine for finding something is remembering where i used to keep it before i moved it.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
1614218801599.png

Texas freeway

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
  • MY DADDY SLEEPS NAKED
    "Late again!" the third-grade teacher sternly said to little Robbie.
    "It ain't my fault this time, Miss Russell. You can blame this 'un on my Daddy.The reason I'm three hours late is my Daddy sleeps naked!"
    Miss Russell had taught grammar school for 30-some-odd years. Despite her mounting fears, she asked little Robbie what he meant by that.
    Full of grins and mischief, and in the flower of his youth, little Robbie and trouble were old friends but he always told the truth.
    "You see, Miss Russell, out at the farm we got this here low down fox. The last few nights, he done ate six hens. Last night, when Daddy heard a noise out in the chicken pen, he grabbed his double barreled shot gun and said to my Ma, "That fox is back again... I'm a gonna git him!''
    "Stay back," Daddy whispered to all us kids!
    "My Daddy was naked as a jaybird -- no boots, no pants, no shirt! To the hen house he crawled, just like an Injun on the snoop. Then, he stuck that double-barrelled 12-gauge shotgun through the window of the coop. As he stared into the darkness, with a fox on his mind, our old hound dog, Rip, had done gone and woke up and comes sneaking up behind Daddy. Then, as we all looked on, plumb helpless, old Rip done went and stuck his cold nose in my Daddy's crack!"
    "Miss Russell, we all been pluckin' chickens since three o'clock this mornin!"

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Im down one of my “Herd Animals” today as i found this poor girl dead in the snow. She must have really had to go to take a cleansing flight at 30! She’s one of my black bee’s (Carnolian’s) and ive noticed they will fly at lower temps.

if she could have just held it 2 more months, it would have been smooth sailing And she wouldnt have had to perish on the way to the pooper!

She’s a full 100 ft. From the hive!

p.s, that one wing is pointing south.

Attachments

• 718C738F-A6C8-49D9-A8AD-2C17572AA73A.jpeg
    718C738F-A6C8-49D9-A8AD-2C17572AA73A.jpeg
    61.7 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
If you ever split your give or lose your Queen, you can and I suggest get a Caucasian Queen they are black and gray where the Italian s ar black and yellow, gentle and good producers, they come bred of course, and quickly learn to love you, they come, I was studying Buckmasters, read about Caucasians, told a friend, a beekeeper, he is paid for having his hives for pollination, he loves them, they come encased in candy, the workers try to eat their way in to kill her but by the time they get to her, they love her and she runs the hive and it prospers ,
I'm sure there's a better way to explain it, but that's what it looked like to me, think about it, or read about them, can't remember the name of the book I have ,
Buckmasters was a monk I think, this was a few years ago,,,
Great luck, Sweet dreams,,,

Latest posts