Garden humor thread..

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
63C27DE3-896C-4955-ABCC-C5B72CED00FF.jpeg

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
They & lobster were once considered meat only fit for animals & prisoners.... How time has affected opinions.

I remember reading once that fresh salmon was once so abundant in Scotland that tenants/servants contracts had to prohibit the lairds from serving it more than three times a week.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
There is a foolproof method to determine if there is a shark in the water. Even the experts agree that it is extremely accurate. It is based on taste. You put a little water in your mouth and swish it around so you can get a good taste. I the water tastes salty there is definitely a shark in it. If it is fresh water, no salt, does not guarantee that there is no shark in it, some do go in fresh water. But if it is salty, it's guaranteed here is a shark in it.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
There is a foolproof method to determine if there is a shark in the water. Even the experts agree that it is extremely accurate. It is based on taste. You put a little water in your mouth and swish it around so you can get a good taste. I the water tastes salty there is definitely a shark in it. If it is fresh water, no salt, does not guarantee that there is no shark in it, some do go in fresh water. But if it is salty, it's guaranteed here is a shark in it.

landsharks can be a real hazard too...

one time i was swarmed by a school of smelt, they must have thought i was white bread or something, but it was pretty ticklish except for the few bigger ones that came close to hurting. and no, i wasn't trolling for them (aka skinny dipping :) )...