Garden humor thread..

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cough, rough, though and though don't rhyme But Pony and Bologna do ~ why ```

"The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and riffle their pockets for new vocabulary." -- James Nicholl (the quote author admitted misspelling rifle in subsequent post, but i like riffle)

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
a7330e6.jpg

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
"The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them nunconscious and riffle their pockets for new vocabulary." -- James Nicholl (the quote author admitted misspelling rifle in subsequent post, but i like riffle)

Bardes ( Garden in Armenian ) traveled through other languages including Teutonic ~ Bar,a,des to ~ Paradise (English)
Advertisement

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

It was funny enough but what got me was the two paragraphs:

The odd job man says no one in his home village has ever contracted malaria because his powers knock out insects over a six mile radius.

If true, that would make his fallout zone larger than that of the atomic bomb which destroyed Hiroshima in 1945.

:gig
Reminded me of my father-in-law and his ability to absolutely clear aisles at the grocery store.

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score

It was funny enough but what got me was the two paragraphs:

The odd job man says no one in his home village has ever contracted malaria because his powers knock out insects over a six mile radius.

If true, that would make his fallout zone larger than that of the atomic bomb which destroyed Hiroshima in 1945.

:gig
Reminded me of my father-in-law and his ability to absolutely clear aisles at the grocery store.

you can feed me beans and never know it, but add onion rings and garlic then watch out! :) as Jake (on 2 & 1/2 Men says "I wish i could have saved that one for school!") note, it's not a very nice show in so many ways but Mom watches it all the time and i listen so i pick up bits and pieces of it.

Latest posts