Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
281766715_10167224063065377_373093185828622670_n.jpg

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Easy like Sundae Morning?

but i always thought it was Yong not Young?
As it is an English transliteration of a Chinese word, there are various spellings. I've head Yong, Young, Yung etc.

It's the same as how depending on which place I go Ma-Po tofu may be written as Ma Paul tofu. Or by beloved rice noodles with pickled vegetables may be Ha Moon Mei Fun, Har Moon Mai fun, Ha Moo Mai fun, Xiamen Mail Fun (the Mandarin word as opposed to the Cantonese one) or Amoy Mai fun (using the old English word for the city). And by noodles with bean sauce can be Zha-Jian Mein, Cha-Ching Mein, Jarjarmen (the Japanese version) or jajangmyon (Korean version). I mean, technically, "Lo Mein" and "Ramen" are the same word, just adapted from one language to another (and if you think lo mein and ramen have nothing in common try frinding Hong Kong style steamed lo mein).

I remember my History teacher yelling at me for writing Mao's first name as Tse-tsung (like I learned it) rather than Zedong (the way he had learned it). Or all the trouble I got into discussing samurai online and trying to write Minamoto Yo****sune with the bad language screener on.

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
your weekend homework is to come up with a group name for taxidermists, you know like how we have herds and packs and such, well what would be a good name for a group of taxidermists? (i have one i like but i want to see what others come up with :) ).
A stitching or a posing. Or a stuffing.

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
How about SAA for the group name? (Stands for stuffed animal artists)
That's a good name for a taxidermist organization or club, but I think he was asking for a collective name to call a group of taxidermists. Like how a group of undertakers is called an unction (or an extreme unction, if it is large enough), a group of professors emeritus is called an ex cathedra, a group of shoemakers is called a cutting and so one.

Latest posts