Garden is now tilled.

chris09

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Southern Gardener said:
Beautiful plot Chris! I'm going to work on expanding my garden area as I don't have room to plant everything I want.
Thank you,

I have 3200 sq. ft. and still think we need more room. ;)
Were going to add a 4' x 20' raised bed to the south side of the new greenhouse and a 4' x 10' raised bed to the east side, these raised bed will hold mostly strawberries but will also have herbs like Basil, Parsley, Sage, and Oregano.

We do a lot of canning and freezing so having a big garden helps us out a lot in that we don't have to buy vegetables from the store.

Chris

chris09

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Well I got a row of Longstanding Bloomsdale Spinach planted and I'm excited to see how it does here, I also have a hill (double row about 70 plants) of Cobra Onions.

Chris

Sprtman

Sprout
Reaction score
marshallsmyth said:
My garden has to be Fort Knox against the critters at all levels, ground, sides, and top. In this forest there is no shooting like that allowed. Dogs have to be on a leash. But there is no rule against having a gophergitter Abyssinian! He goes in the garden if the gophers get through, has his own dog carrier turned into a garden cat house, door removed, warm old pillows and blanket and old sweater. Took him a few months, but he's really good indoors now too.

You are lucky to be able to do it unfenced!
If you can't shoot a gun and your dog has to be on a leash you ain't in the woods.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sprtman said:

"If you can't shoot a gun and your dog has to be on a leash you ain't in the woods."

LOL!!!

Tell that to the thousands of Fir, Oak, Madrone, and Pine trees I am surrounded by as far as the eye can see. Tell that to the Golden Eagle I saw 10 minutes ago landing on the top of a tree right after a Bald Eagle flew off the same spot. Tell the Mountain Lion I saw walking in front of my cabin that I'm not in a forest. Tell the 13 miles of hard dirt canyon road that leads to a paved road with hairpins on it for 7 more miles that I'm not in a forest. Tell the rangers with badges they are at the wrong place because this is not a forest. Lol!

Rifles can be used during hunting seasons, Deer, Duck, Turkey, and as regulations go, exactly in the zones they prescribe. There is also a firing range. All rules are hopefully followed. Some fools were shooting from a car a couple months ago a mile from here. I heard it as they went around the mountain.

County enforces the leash laws.

chris09

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
marshallsmyth said:
Sprtman said:

"If you can't shoot a gun and your dog has to be on a leash you ain't in the woods."

LOL!!!

Tell that to the thousands of Fir, Oak, Madrone, and Pine trees I am surrounded by as far as the eye can see. Tell that to the Golden Eagle I saw 10 minutes ago landing on the top of a tree right after a Bald Eagle flew off the same spot. Tell the Mountain Lion I saw walking in front of my cabin that I'm not in a forest. Tell the 13 miles of hard dirt canyon road that leads to a paved road with hairpins on it for 7 more miles that I'm not in a forest. Tell the rangers with badges they are at the wrong place because this is not a forest. Lol!

Rifles can be used during hunting seasons, Deer, Duck, Turkey, and as regulations go, exactly in the zones they prescribe. There is also a firing range. All rules are hopefully followed. Some fools were shooting from a car a couple months ago a mile from here. I heard it as they went around the mountain.

County enforces the leash laws.
Do you live on a State Park/ Forest?
The reason you ask is because around here "Rangers" Park/ Forest Rangers have no jurisdiction outside the State Park/ Forest so when you talk about "Rangers" that makes me think you are on State Grounds.

Chris

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am in a National Forest. 6 miles north is a Wilderness area, and 10 miles southeast of here is another Wilderness area. Mendocino National Forest is a true "working" forest where there is regulated timber harvest. They are also doing a slow project of tree thinnings and reforestation. There is a lot of recreational use in this forest. This area and forest is Great Spirit's garden. Some of us know it. It was one of the last stands of the Yuki natives.

RickF

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'll be heading up that direction sometime Saturday.. Gonna go visit 'mom' in Oregon on the coast but will hopefully be able to travel up the '5' to make the trip a bit faster than taking the 101.. I'll wave as we drive near your area! :)

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think you'll be able to see the top of Snow or Hull Mountain from 5.

Latest posts