garden related items for xmas?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
The other day I found a almost new sledge hammer in my woods, first thought was when and why did I buy one. second thought, was what was nephew doing in the woods with sledge hammer?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ha! Nyboy, that seems to happen around here all too often. Someday all the tools will be put together and folks at my estate sale will wonder why I had duplicates, triplicates, and possibly even quadruplicates of so many tools.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've been known to leave things out too, but I'm pretty good about putting things back where they go. Sometimes you need something quickly so I want to know where to go to get it, plus I don't want things getting rusty. But I'm human and have human failings. Things don't always make it back where they go.

My wife is pretty handy with tools but isn't always great at putting things back where they go. I keep most of my tools in the detached workshop but hung a peg board right outside the utility room door that leads into the garage and got extra sets of wrenches, screwdrivers, a hammer, pliers, and such so she'll leave my stuff alone, at least most of the time. It comes in handy for me too when I need to take care of something in the house. When I find something laying around the house I know where it goes and it's pretty handy to return it without getting dressed for outside.

We have certain places in the house where we keep stuff. There are two different places where we keep a variety of ink pens and pencils, near the phones mainly but convenient for other things for example. I use Sharpies a lot to mark when I can or freeze. I'm pretty good about returning these things where they go when I finish with them, but they still sometimes disappear. I don't get frustrated by that, I just write it down and buy some more as long as it is not real expensive. I think the most expensive item I've done that with was when the kitchen scissors disappeared.

She'll used to ask why I bought more when we had plenty. I'd just say we were out of ink pens in the office so I got more. She doesn't ask anymore, but it's amazing how many ink pens show up right after I buy some, at least for a while.