Garden Tour ( # 2 for me )

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Clark County (Wa.) Environmental Services sponsored a garden tour of selected ten gardens last Sunday as examples of natural gardening techniques employing native plants and edibles. :thumbsup My low maintenance , drought tolerant garden was #1 on the tour :frow featuring No lawn with a dry creek bed with 15 tons of river rocks for drainage and 32 tons of boulders with smaller rocks on formed hills with dozens of trees ,blueberry bushes and wild strawberries found in the Cascade Mts.( WOW they are sweet ) :drool , 17 tons of crushed rock for walkways,flowering perannual plants and ground covers to form a natural apearing landscape that one would find by driving out in natural areas. We are currently in a draught situation ... our last sprinkle was on June 3, so naturally this Sunday morning we had a sprinkle or two before the start to the tour starting at 10 AM to 4 PM. I had 2 Master Gardeners assigned to give tours and answer queastions to attendees. We didn't expect many people to show up due to the forcasted rain. But the floodgates of humanity opened up before the squeduled 10 AM as we had 61 carload groups ( way OVER 200 people :ep ) of viewers came non stop. The Master Gardeners and I gave mini tours to groups of up to 20 people per group at a time with NO break for water, lunch and not even a potty break. :old I don't know how many times that I was asked if I was a professional landscape designer and requests to create a garden design for them. :eek: We closed the tour way past 5 PM as the Master Gardeners had to tend to their family matters. Then , at 5: 55, the skies opened up with a downpour that lasted about 15 minutes causing the street gutters to overflowing and puddles forming everywhere. We now are returning to draught conditions with temps in mid to high 90's and 100* forcast for Thursday. Sorry about the delay, but Goodle Chrome was not cooperating as it was down and out for the count for quite a while. :hu NO photos at this time ... if anyone wants to view the garden , just toddle on up here and see for yourself. ;)

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sounds like a great crowd! So glad so many people are interested in gardening! I would love to have a peek...if you get a chance to post a few pics.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Congratulations, Bob. I was impressed when you showed pics last time; hope to see more. It is really an honor to have all that accolade. Maybe you could come and design a garden in the Midwest? (Hint, hint?) Just for practice, you know...

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
You tease us about your beautiful garden, and then post no pictures? Not nice.

Mary
Well Mary, it's like this ... I was too busy giving tours and answering questions to take any photos. So ... Now that I have created a valuable one of a kind asset that is currently very desirable and wanted to replicate by others, I will now be starting a new business :th to offer private tours of my garden then charge BAZILLION $$$s to tour it and savor home grown and baked to my wife's prize winning at county and State Fairs standards freshly baked blueberry crisps, pies and wild sourced strawberry pies grown in my garden and washed down by a sip of home made elderberry wine harvested from my garden ( If I can keep the Robins from devistating the crop) :drool at no additional cost. I will now take reservations ... come one, come all ! ( prefer cash, but will consider, diamonds, gold, free and clear deeds of trust for your home or farm ). :weee

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Congrats @bobm ! What an honor! I remember photos of your beautiful yard and tips for drought tolerant gardening. Wish I could have made the tour!

I dug around and found the old post, but maybe Bob wants to update us.;)

My yard was in a tour years ago, I will never forgive the skies for that weekend. :rant

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
That sounds awesome! All those tons of rock. So....were the rocks cheaper than paying for water? LOL I bet you inspired a lot of people with your landscaping.

Bob, you are funny, o always enjoy your humor.

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
OK, just read bob's post ... maybe we can take up a collection and THEN bob will update us. :lol:

Latest posts