Garden Whipping! - Updated: pg21

Catalina

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
It's time to whip my garden into shape!

The ground is starting to thaw and all the snow has melted (but there's another 5 inches forecasted for tomorrow :( ).

As you can see - I have a LOT of work to do.

This is my garden now -
3398536973_4799623187.jpg

3398536647_3ab0e70158.jpg

3399344914_e64e7b5e45.jpg

Hopefully in a few weeks I can post pics of the garden all cleaned up! Maybe even with a few tulips blooming. :bouquet

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It looks like now's a good time to do some raking. I hate raking wet leaves and mulch. And after another snow it could take weeks from them to dry back out.

You do have an amazing amount of space. I bet its gorgeous in bloom. :D

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thats good that soon you'll be able to plant and give some life to the garden. Boy do you have a lot to do :lol: i like your layout of the garden with the raised beds they look great.
Have Fun!!;)

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
You have a great foundation laid out for your garden, you will be able to pull it all together in no time.
Some raking, pruning and weeding and you will be good to go.
Then the fun part starts with all the planting.

Catalina

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Every year I keep moving things around and expanding.
This is what it looked like last year, before I put the raised beds in the flower garden area and figured out how to use my space better in the veggie section.

3398788623_5841125040.jpg

3399596848_04155600ed.jpg

3398788335_956efc94a0.jpg

It's raining now so I gave up on cleaning off the beds......for now. After all it's only March. I can't plant for another month any way.

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wow you had a beautiful garden last year, looks great ;)!!

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I do wish all you gardeners who have great layouts would come help me out...I plan on using some raised beds this year but my garden always looks spastic...maybe cause I am always spastic LOL no rhyme or reason with my yard...I put everything down on graph paper and it looks wonderful but I dont follow it cause I have and extra pepper plant or tomatoe plant or too lazy to work that area of the yard when this area is already dug and SPASTIC ....

Catalina

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
momofdrew said:
I do wish all you gardeners who have great layouts would come help me out...I plan on using some raised beds this year but my garden always looks spastic...maybe cause I am always spastic LOL no rhyme or reason with my yard...I put everything down on graph paper and it looks wonderful but I dont follow it cause I have and extra pepper plant or tomatoe plant or too lazy to work that area of the yard when this area is already dug and SPASTIC ....
I know what you mean. I had to be very strict and mean with myself last fall when I put new beds in my garden.

I drew out a plan and stuck to it. I had a lot of plants, mostly perennials that I divided, that didn't fit in the new beds.
Usually I try to fit them in somewhere, but this time I was strict. I either gave them away or *gasp* threw them in the compost pile.

And I'm only about 45% done! I still have sooo many plants to move this Spring.

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
well I CANNOT throw a perfectly good plant on the compost pile :hit
I'll hurt its feelings :hit
maybe you can keep me in line this year :fl

I will try :hide I want a pretty NEAT wonderful garden like everyone elses :rant

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
momofdrew wrote:

I do wish all you gardeners who have great layouts would come help me out...I plan on using some raised beds this year but my garden always looks spastic...
Sparatic is good!!!!

I'm not going for uniform exactly.... its going to be a long time before I'm even close to done though. I have years worth of work to do before I'm near what I'd like.

Just go with a flow!!!!! If it feels good, it is good. :lol:

Latest posts