Garden Whipping! - Updated: pg21

Catalina

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
obsessed said:
Catalina: What are the black boards you used to build your raised beds?

Very nice garden. I have a couple of raised beds and would love to do more. Mostly I think my husband is having an affair with his lawn. He cares for it way more than he's ever cared for me.
At first I was like - What black boards? But then I figured it out!

They are vinyl raised beds I bought from Gardener's Supply Catalog. They work OK, but They are 3'6" x 3'6" and I like longer, skinner beds, because I can straddle them and weed. :gig It looks crazy!

Also I bought some 5+ years ago and those beds were made of thicker vinyl and the contruction was much better. One of the new ones I bought last year already has a crack in it.

And the black absorbs heat and the vinyl beds dry out faster than my wood ones. But they are easy to use! Just set them down, fill with dirt and plant.

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement!!! :tools

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Catalina I checked your garden pics out, Wonderful job on last years garden :ya and your Daughter a very pretty girl. :hugs I show Dh what you had done for the supports of your blackberry vines. :clap And I love the mini watermellon what variety is it? It is soo cute and I bet it tasted great ... Thanks for the insperation of the wonderful job you do with your garden layout. :clap :clap

:happy_flower Karan :D

Catalina

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
It snowed again last night!!! :th 2 inches!!! :th

Last year we had snow in late May, but I want to plant and everyone on here is planting.....whaaaaa! Can you hear me whinning?

karanleaf - Thanks! The watermelon is Ali Baba. *I think* I lost the map of last year's garden, but there were only 3 melons in that bed and I think that was the only watermelon I planted there.

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Catalina said:

Last year we had snow in late May, but I want to plant and everyone on here is planting.....whaaaaa! Can you hear me whinning?

karanleaf - Thanks! The watermelon is Ali Baba. *I think* I lost the map of last year's garden, but there were only 3 melons in that bed and I think that was the only watermelon I planted there.
Darn :rant Sorry about the snow. :tongue We have rain snow mix now and wind at 25 - 30 mph. :sick

I looked up Ali Baba and that is a beautiful melon but I think the one I am talking about had a penny on it in your photo. So was it a Sugar Baby? I may have to try to find some seed for the Ali Baba though . Thanks. :clap

Catalina

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
karanleaf said:
Catalina said:

Darn :rant Sorry about the snow. :tongue We have rain snow mix now and wind at 25 - 30 mph. :sick

I looked up Ali Baba and that is a beautiful melon but I think the one I am talking about had a penny on it in your photo. So was it a Sugar Baby? I may have to try to find some seed for the Ali Baba though . Thanks. :clap

Oh yeah! That's right I got a free sample of Sugar Baby last year! It was a cute little melon - perfect for one person.
:rainbow-sun

Catalina

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I have some green sprouting up in my garden!! :happy_flower

3421013891_067a5f3e6b.jpg

3421821194_ed379c640d.jpg

3421013639_77b38f6cb7.jpg

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I see green and purple!!! WHOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!

Bye bye winter, and hello spring :D

You must be so beside yourself right now.

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
:ya :rainbow-sun so pretty :clap :coolsun Thanks for sharing :love
Lucky You :bouquet
I love seeing new sprouts and fresh blooms :thumbsup

Catalina

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I planted peas and radishes today!

And put in another raised bed and filled it with dirt!

My back and arms hurt. But it's a good kind of pain.

Yay! Spring!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh spring pains are sooooooooo worth it!!! Congrats ;)

Soon you will be posting piles of your harvests. That will also hurt your hands and arms, but make your belly happy. :p

Latest posts