Garden Whipping! - Updated: pg21

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You always have so many things to move! Glad its the last move for the pond though. Can't wait to see that.

Its amazing how empty everything looks now, I know how FULL everything will actually be in a couple short months! Amazing!!!

Catalina

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I put all the beds in my garden on Tues. and put mulch around them.
Yesterday I set up 3 new compost bins, but it was too dark to take a pic by the time I was done. Now I have a trailer load of dirt in my driveway to move into the beds.
Still have to: Prune black raspberries. Get pond running. Put arbors together. Put bridge together. Paint wishing well. Paint shed. Transplant strawberries. Make hoop covers for some beds. Put up tomato trellises. Prune grape. Put in patio. AND a million other things!

4502558343_1798cd5d9c.jpg

4503191254_423109f927.jpg

4502557571_b3257a4924.jpg

4502557231_93c486c430.jpg

4502556933_eeb2419f37.jpg

4502556557_be2969df37.jpg

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
:thumbsup Lookin' good!

All this work now, so worth it later...you'll have almost no weeds to deal with! ;) Your garden is very aesthetically pleasing, even with so little growing at this time...you have it laid out so nicely. Man, I've got a list as long as my arm right now too and am behind on a few things. But I'm glad for a rainy day today to kinda recoup (and get some housework done) so I can go back at it furiously tomorrow. LOL

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi Catalina :frow

I just love your garden pictures; even the ones with virtually empty beds!!! There is such a sense of anticipation of the bounty to come....!! You give us all hope that we too MIGHT do as well if we try really hard. :bee :bee :bee

I have sent links to your blog & this thread to many of my gardening friends around the world & they are as impressed as I am -- you have become our raised-bed gardening hero........!! :love

Good Luck with your pond this year -- it is some kind of consolation to us mere mortals that you also have to rethink some of your schemes.......!! :gig :hide

I look forward to seeing those beds full to bursting again! :D

:tools Hattie :tools

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
When you are done with all this back breaking work... would you like to come help me?! :D

:plbb I got a TON of mulch that can use some movin'. :lol:

J/K Everything is looking great!!! :watering

Catalina

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Hattie the Hen said:
Hi Catalina :frow

I just love your garden pictures; even the ones with virtually empty beds!!! There is such a sense of anticipation of the bounty to come....!! You give us all hope that we too MIGHT do as well if we try really hard. :bee :bee :bee

I have sent links to your blog & this thread to many of my gardening friends around the world & they are as impressed as I am -- you have become our raised-bed gardening hero........!! :love

Good Luck with your pond this year -- it is some kind of consolation to us mere mortals that you also have to rethink some of your schemes.......!! :gig :hide

I look forward to seeing those beds full to bursting again! :D

:tools Hattie :tools
:bouquet Awwwww thank YOU so MUCH! That was really sweet of you to say!

Catalina

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
journey11 said:
:thumbsup Lookin' good!

All this work now, so worth it later...you'll have almost no weeds to deal with! ;) Your garden is very aesthetically pleasing, even with so little growing at this time...you have it laid out so nicely. Man, I've got a list as long as my arm right now too and am behind on a few things. But I'm glad for a rainy day today to kinda recoup (and get some housework done) so I can go back at it furiously tomorrow. LOL
Thanks! Spring is always busy, busy, busy. All the plans that I made through the whole winter - I want to get them done all at once! LOL!

Catalina

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
vfem said:
When you are done with all this back breaking work... would you like to come help me?! :D

:plbb I got a TON of mulch that can use some movin'. :lol:

J/K Everything is looking great!!! :watering
Yeah I will be down there as soon as I am done.........course I'll never be done! LOL!! :lol:

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I really love looking at your pics as the season progresses. I also love the idea of more garden less lawn. But I wonder where you get the time to do all of it.

Catalina

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Well......those months went by fast! :lol: With planting, vacation, work, canning and weeding I haven't been on TEG very much (ok at all).
The garden is growing (and the weeds). We had 5" of rain in the last 3 days, so it's all very wet too.