Gas prices below $3/gallon?!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow!

I'm not sure that I could have even imagined that!

The $4+/gallon prices in 2007 just about killed all my efforts to have a productive year . . . then, I thought ~ better get used to gas in the upper $3 range. A drop in price a little late for me this year, still . . .

Steve
who is celebrating by having cream in his coffee and chocolate covered caramel corn with breakfast!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Do you mean you have bought gas under $3 a gallon recently?? I just filled up, again, and paid ....well, I guess I don't remember exactly, but it was definitely more than $3/gal. That would be very nice, because like you said, gas really eats the profits up.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Gas prices here are still over $3 a gallon, but since I shop at Krogers a lot I get 20 to 30 cents off my gas price..... this month it will be more like 40 or 50 cents off with Thanksgiving coming up!!! I wish I would see prices under $3 a gallon.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
:hide Gas is at $2.89 at Casey's .... less for me today since I used my HyVee gas card and got .54 cents off per gallon. SO .... I really spent $2.35 :woot

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Here in West Virginia, at least where I am, we are stuck at 3.37 or 3.40 depending on where you go. I put 20 in my gas tank yesterday drove across the bridge to Ohio and their gas was 3.22 a gallon. :/

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Chocolate covered caramel corn? That's my kind of breakfast! I had Espresso Madness ice cream for breakfast last Wednesday to cheer myself up. It didn't work but it was a good try anyway.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I dont understand that post Thistle. Have you been breathing gasoline fumes?

The lowest Ive seen it here is $3.03 at a discount station. $3.13 is more normal at the major brand places.

The price of hydrocarbons has always been cyclical, up and down, up and down. When I was a kid a couple of generations ago it would cycle between $0.25 and $0.29 cents unless the gas stations around town had a price war, then if might hit the real low 20s. But the trend for the last many many years is always up.

It may go down some more but Im pretty confident in saying it will eventually go back up. I just dont know when.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ridgerunner said:
I dont understand that post Thistle. Have you been breathing gasoline fumes?
What's not to understand Ridge? Steve was celebrating and I was relating one of my pick-me-up breakfasts relating to that.
What, you mean to stand their with your head between your ears and tell me you've never had ice cream for breakfast? :lol:
I don't do it very often, but it does happen.

Okay, back to the price of gas which has nothing to do with ice cream....

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's right. I forgot it was you. Sorry!!!

We won't get into some of the things I've had for breakfast. I'm not just talking about the buffet breakfast at a nice London or Copenhagen hotel. That's related to the price of gas because I was working for an oil company then. :plbb

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
thistlebloom said:
I had Espresso Madness ice cream for breakfast last Wednesday to cheer myself up. It didn't work but it was a good try anyway.
Oh dear that must have been some kind of sad if Ice cream for breakfast did not cheer you. I sure hope things are sunnier now. :hugs

Latest posts