Gas prices below $3/gallon?!

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I've never tried ice cream for breakfast, i'll have to some day!!

Gas is about $3.35 here right now, and was mostly in the $3.25 range this past week while i was visiting PA. i sure hope it does keep dropping to below $3/ gal!!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Gas here $3.39. E85-$2.79

We had a blip of 2.99 but it lasted 1 day, then up to $3.45. Go figure!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I passed up a $3.50/gallon today thinking that I should be able to make it 2 or 3 more days . . .

I wanna see it closer to $3 !!

I did have English muffins, banana & persimmon before I fell victim to temptation :p. My best choice for breakfast has always been pie. When I was a kid, my mom worked part-time at a pie shop. She mostly did delivery - in a 1948 Chevy with that big ol' backseat!

If there were pies left at the shop when she got back, they were on "deep discount." I had pie 3 times a day on some days :)!

Steve

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Since we converted to breakfast. Fresh, scratch biscuits, butter, & chocolate gravy. Family tradition.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
haven't hit anywhere under $3.12 the next town south of us. my 50 minute drive to and then from work i was seeing anywhere between $3.25 to $3.54 today. i'll be somewhat happier next week when my car isn't sucking down as much gas and sticking closer to home (and swinging by that cheaper gas station more often :) )

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Gas station managers saying they aren't making any money, yet there is a $.30 swing in gas prices between stations. Someone is making money.

Fred

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I remember back some years ago when gas prices were hovering in the mid 2.50's.
One day I pull into a gas station with a nearly empty tank.
Look up at the sign, and to my shock and disgust the price was 2.84!
Well, I had to buy some, but I just bought a half tank.

My thinking was, "I'm not gonna fill the entire tank when it's 2.84! That price shot up so fast that it's got to fall back some!! I'll just come back next week and fill up when it's cheaper".

Well, that plan didn't work so well. I came back next week and filled up at 2.91.

Fred

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
seedcorn said:
Gas station managers saying they aren't making any money, yet there is a $.30 swing in gas prices between stations. Someone is making money.
There is a little gas station/grocery mart down the street. They are the only one for about 10miles - which means that on those days when I coast into work on fumes, I have no choice but to buy some there. I asked them one day about the crazy price swings. They told me that they are owned by someone who owns dozens of them, and they get a call telling them what to put on the sign. Everyone in the store makes minimum wage - even when the gas price jumps $.20 between the time I come in and the time I get off.

If only I could find a safe, easy way to power the truck from chicken poo...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Start small to start, Cane', the locomotive at Pumpkin Junction:
2zxqz9s.jpg

My plan to wait a few days for price prices to drop didn't work for me either, Fred. Yesterday, a drive in the country hadn't occurred to us (read: DW).

I need more pumpkins like I need a hole in my head! Two boxes of apples had already been purchased. Luckily, they also sell apple cider and buttercup squash - oh, the humility of buying buttercup squash!!

I decided that the pickup needed more gas before a 2 hour drive to buy buttercup squash & apple cider.

Steve :p

Latest posts