Gaspe Flint Corn Seed in the U.S.?

Joe Haynes

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
TheSeedObsesser, that's awesome! Enjoy your journey of discovery!

My Mother was very aware of her Indian lineage. But, she grew up in an era where Virginia Indians were maligned. From 1924 to 1974, Virginia had an Eugenics law that was very discriminatory against Virginia Indians. She didn't approve of my blatant approval of my Virginia Patawomeck Indian heritage because of it. But, I forgive her because it was a different world when she grew up.

I hope you find the rich history and joy of your heritage that I have found in mine.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
My Mother was very aware of her Indian lineage. But, she grew up in an era where Virginia Indians were maligned. From 1924 to 1974, Virginia had an Eugenics law that was very discriminatory against Virginia Indians. . . . . .

I know what you mean. One of my relatives started researching the family tree. They got to a Native American great-great something and THE AUNTS demanded that she stop. The local tribe was not considered suitable for inter-marrage and THE AUNTS felt they would be shamed.

It was a different relative that picked up the search to find that the Indian had come from Canada. That seemed to appease THE AUNTS -- as long as the relative wasn't from the Menomonee tribe it was okay. Such a bigoted bunch, such a pity.