Get with the program.....

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Normally a thumbs up would satisfy most people but it is @baymule soooooo, you are doing a satisfactory job as I have enjoyed reading of the new dog, lamb adventures. Now don't rest on your laurels and stop.....

@Ridgerunner come on now, I’m getting bored..... where are your adventures? Good to see @Beekissed has posted as I would hate to have to go all nawthern on her.....now our friends under the world in NZ & Australia, where are my stories to read? Get with the program....

Disclaimer, I am in no way connected to this site I’m just a bored nawtherner with stinkin snow and sub 30 degree temperatures waiting for spring-or at least March....entertain me.... :hide :frow

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Now Bay, I don't know that I'd call it grouchy, maybe more set in his ways. Do you detect impatience? :hu

Not really that much to talk about Seed. Life has changed since we moved to the city, at least we get one or more grandkids parts of three or four days a week. And I'm a pretty private person, there are a lot of things I don't share. Not like some people. :rainbowflower

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Now Bay, I don't know that I'd call it grouchy, maybe more set in his ways. Do you detect impatience? :hu

Not really that much to talk about Seed. Life has changed since we moved to the city, at least we get one or more grandkids parts of three or four days a week. And I'm a pretty private person, there are a lot of things I don't share. Not like some people. :rainbowflower
I get that. So take the g’kids for walks and send pix of different land scapes, etc.... no excuses. I’m 8n no mood to accept them.....Get with the program.... :lol:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
well, as i've been needing more to read myself i hied messef over to the sister website selfsufficient and have been enjoying my time there too. :)

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lots going on here this year and a lot of it will improve soils down the road, so I'll try to find time to post about it soon. Got sheep, so will be putting up fences around the land, harvesting the mature trees on the land to open up the canopy for silvopasture and to finance the whole fencing and sheep venture.

Will also be frost seeding a multispecies cover crop into the hay mulch in the garden this season so the sheep can graze it off in the early spring, depositing their very valuable manure and urine into the garden, making changes to the garden beds, changing the fencing and expanding it to include some apple trees, etc.

Been doing body work on a car(not very good at it, so I struggle), getting in firewood, rolling out mulch hay in the garden and on the land, etc. I'll post all of that in the appropriate places when I get the time.....busy time of year for me and looks like all winter will be the same.

Off to the gym, then babysitting the grands....toodles!!!!

BTW....has anyone else noticed that the emojis often don't get inserted into the text where you last left the cursor? That's happening a LOT with this new format. Needs a bit of tweaking.

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This won't be too exciting Seed but I figure I'll share. Doing school with kids now. Daughter is in 2nd grade and son in kindergarten. I give so much praise to teachers out there! I have two and it's hard. I cant imagine having 10-25 kids in a class! We move around the house and do different subjects. Mornings are on the couch. Math is done at the desks. Science is usually outside. PE is done inside or outside depending on weather. Anytime we go to a store people always ask "why aren't you in school" and I have taught my children to say " we are home educated and we finished school for the day!" They are both super smart (everyone mom says this lol!) We go to a homeschool co op once a week. It's a great place for kids and moms. I am new at homeschooling so I love the group with so many experienced moms.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That's funny. Don't remember...….My knee jerk smart alec retort is Alzheimers? :gig

Exhaustion mainly. Tied up all loose ends in SC, in 2 months time. Packed tight a 10x16 PODS shipping container. Drove back to KCMO, the 1,000 miles one way this time....WITH 4 cats in the little Nissan Altima!
Hit the ground running. Moved in with Dad. Unloaded the shipping container into a storage facility less than a week later, getting caught up Dad and the necessities of life. Taking Dad to church on Sundays.
Also currently sorting and deep cleaning the house as I go. Late Stepmom, bless her heart (she meant well), had a retail therapy habit, and the house is on Avalanche Mode. So, I am cleaning, sorting, collecting and posting on FB marketplace, shopping and cooking for the 2 of us, getting my relocation documents etc caught to speed, handling Dad's legal stuff he asks me to do......

Did I miss anything??? ................... :eek::th

Oh yeah...I got here on Nov 2...I think :idunno