Gettin' It Dun

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Zeedman , this may seem like a Small thing, But I have bought 3 of these, View attachment 49772
I put one on my city water faucet, one of my cistern faucet and the last is connected to the end that I screw my soaker hose on to the hose supplying the water.
Thyey are really "faucet savers," bc I intend to just leave them on my faucets. I noticed that my brand new soaker hose has a cheapo connector that will probably strip after a lot of use, therefore THAT one stays on the soaker hose. Permanently.
Just fyi...if that helps. :)
I would definitely add one of those to a conventional garden hose. The hoses I use came with such stress relief... and heavy-duty hexagonal connectors that can be wrench tightened (or loosened). :thumbsup

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Driveway maybe. It won't kill the roots of many plants and grasses but it can turn the green stuff into charcoal. Which is why it did not work on a gravel parking area. When you got out of your car your shoes were coated with that black, which got tracked in the house. Or you tracked it into your car. I tried that once then went back to the herbicides. There are places burning works well but for some it may not be the answer.
This is only a gravel driveway to the back detached garage, and gets little foot traffic. It's mostly used for a trailer, or overflow parking on the rare occasion that the whole family comes over. Most of the weeds there are annuals, so the reason I'm thinking about using the burner is to kill their seeds. I have sprayed weed killer on that driveway in the past, but the length of the driveway - and the time spent exposed to those chemicals - makes that an unpleasant task. I'm not an absolutist, but prefer not to use chemicals of any kind on my yard or garden, unless there are no reasonable alternatives.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm not an absolutist, but prefer not to use chemicals of any kind on my yard or garden, unless there are no reasonable alternatives.
I totally agree with that. That's why I was disappointed that burning didn't work in my case. I was OK with the burning not killing the roots of grass and certain weeds but that black charcoal on the shoes was not OK.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I suppose that I am a creature of habit. (Maybe my use of idioms demonstrates this ;).)

Yesterday would have been a usual day for watering the yard. Didn't do it. Now it's gonna interfere with my lawn mowing schedule ;).

June has been such a cloudy month with an above normal amount of rain, until recently. I was talking with someone visiting from Seattle - her sister lives here and parents are not far away. To a comment on our June weather, her response was, "It's not nearly as bad as Seattle." Okay, characteristically Cloudy Seattle and I'm now wondering if that is the problem with @AMKuska 's peppers. They are plants that fall far short of full performance each year here when the weeks of Spring are most similar to Seattle's.

Back to habits: Like so much of the Interior West, I would not be able to grow most any garden crop without irrigation. And, with this rocky soil, gardens and lawngrass benefit from water every few days. Maybe weekly, not daily -- I mean, if it's daily you really, really must be out there every day watering. Or, pray for rain.

Anyway, I'm trapped in routines ;). Things can be accomplished! But, that requires that they are not ignored. The rewards are out there in the weeks ahead and won't be realized otherwise.

:) Steve

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
I suppose that I am a creature of habit. (Maybe my use of idioms demonstrates this ;).)

Yesterday would have been a usual day for watering the yard. Didn't do it. Now it's gonna interfere with my lawn mowing schedule ;).

June has been such a cloudy month with an above normal amount of rain, until recently. I was talking with someone visiting from Seattle - her sister lives here and parents are not far away. To a comment on our June weather, her response was, "It's not nearly as bad as Seattle." Okay, characteristically Cloudy Seattle and I'm now wondering if that is the problem with @AMKuska 's peppers. They are plants that fall far short of full performance each year here when the weeks of Spring are most similar to Seattle's.

Back to habits: Like so much of the Interior West, I would not be able to grow most any garden crop without irrigation. And, with this rocky soil, gardens and lawngrass benefit from water every few days. Maybe weekly, not daily -- I mean, if it's daily you really, really must be out there every day watering. Or, pray for rain.

Anyway, I'm trapped in routines ;). Things can be accomplished! But, that requires that they are not ignored. The rewards are out there in the weeks ahead and won't be realized otherwise.

:) Steve
This is unlikely. They are in a grow tent, temperature and light controlled. If I took them outside for some real weather, they'd instantly die I'm sure. ;-)

Latest posts